Vampires; Killers or Lovers?

Point of View: Mika Sasaki

Dusk was approaching, as the sun partially hid itself behind the campus of Cross Academy.

I let the sheer fabric of the maroon curtain fall back into place as I turned my back to the window. I was so nervous. A classroom full of vampires that, hopefully, won't be trying to kill me..? I don't think I can do this..

--- Earlier In The Day ---

"I'm happy you've decided to stay in the Moon dormitory and be a Night class student. I think it's very important for you to see that not all vampires are cold-blooded killers."

Kaien said, sitting behind his desk. I looked to Zero, who was staring back at me with disapproving eyes.

"I do too, Headmaster Cross."

"Please, call me Kaien. Zero, can you show Mika to her room?"

"My room?"

I asked, perking an eyebrow. Kaien chuckled, waving his hand back and forth.

"You'll need a proper place to sleep, don't you think?"

I didn't know what to say. I haven't slept in a bed of my own in a very long time, I felt so grateful. With a soft sigh, Zero proceeded out of the office.

"Mika."

Looking to Zero as he called my name, he nudged his head to motion me to follow him. Smiling, I lightly bowed my head to Kaien before leaving his office to catch up to Zero.

"Mika, don't stay in the Moon dorms."

Zero suddenly turned around, stopping me in the middle of the hallway.

"Zero.."

"Being around those bastards won't show you anything but how dangerous they truly are."

His voice was stern, almost desperate. Zero couldn't hide his hatred for vampires even if he wanted to. But I know vampires can be good, I see it now, right in front of me. I feel like.. Zero is trying to protect me.

"You think I don't already know how dangerous vampires are?"

I asked. I wanted Zero to understand that he wasn't alone, that my parents were.. murdered by vampires too, just like his were and I wanted nothing more then to avenge them. But I couldn't despise every vampire, it wasn't right. I stepped closer to him, his lavender eyes beating down at me.

"Vampires killed my mother and father. Vampires burned my mother's orphanage, along with all the innocent children. Vampires have been hunting me down for as long as I can remember and you know what..? I don't hate them. Do you know why? Because of my parents, because I exist. And because.. of you, Zero. Proof that vampires are capable of love."

He was staring at me in awe then, as if he was starting to believe me. Until he bit his lip and turned his head away once more.

"You don't know anything about me or what I'm capable of."

Zero whispered, his face furrowed.