With a frown, I stood to my full height of five feet nine inches, and stretched my sore muscles out. Or lack thereof.

"Chance," the voice of my seventeen year old brother called from down the hallway, making me turn my head to the right.

Constance, or "Stan" as most called him, was a few inches taller than I was, with toned muscles and a bulkier build compared to my lanky slender frame. His dyed platinum blonde hair was spiked up in the front, the tips dipped in royal blue, causing him to stand out amongst the many dirty blondes and brown haired students. A silver hoop pierced through one earlobe while a smaller one hung from the left corner of his bottom lip. Stan was a delinquent, fitting in well with Erik's group. In fact, Erik and Stan were best buds, although no one knew Stan and I were brothers.

"H-hey Stan," I greeted, my constant stutter grating on my nerves. I had a stuttering problem, my mom and her friends thought it was cute but the kids at my school seemed to think of it more as an anomaly.

"Ready to go?" he asked, his turquoise eyes that mirrored mine flickering between me and my locker.

I nodded, and bent over to grab my bag at my feet. The long bangs of my dark blonde hair fell into my eyes, pricking the pupils, and I absently thought back to when we were kids as I trailed after Stan out of the building. Stan and I had the same dark blonde straight hair and turquoise eyes growing up -we had got them from our mother- but Stan had dyed his hair at fourteen, and has kept it the same platinum blonde and blue tipped color since. His piercings came a few months after the dye job, which he had me do in the bathroom we shared between our bedrooms. My hands were blue for days because I didn't know at thirteen years old that you needed to wear gloves. Those were the days when Stan and I hung out more. Now he spent his time with his friends rather than his little brother.

Which made me wonder, why is he driving me home instead of spending time with his friends?

"S-Stan, wh-where are w-we go-going?" I stuttered out, looking over at him as we come to a red light. I hadn't been paying attention during the walk from the school building to his car, so I was a bit confused as I looked around me to see we were entering the shopping district of town.

His lip curled up in the corner in a sly smirk, his eyes glancing in the rear view mirror instead of at me in the passenger seat.

"You'll see," was all he said as he stepped on the gas once the light turned green.

Slumping down in my seat, I decided to wait and see. It's no fun trying to guess when I know I'll never get it right.

Pulling into the parking lot of a strip mall, I watch curiously as Stan climbs out of the car and raises an eyebrow at me expectantly. With a sigh, I slide out of my seat and close the door, narrowing my eyes at the guy I call my brother. He was up to something, I just knew It. Following him to the building lined with shops, I was surprised to find myself trailing after him into a hair solon. Did he need his hair dyed again? Was he getting another piercing? To say I was confused would be an understatement. I was baffled. Why would he need me with him to get his hair done or to get a piercing?

"Chance, come on," he instructed, and I noticed he was standing beside the front desk. 

I moved closer, my gaze taking in everything around me. We were in a small waiting room with about half a dozen cushioned chairs, the large front windows letting in the bright afternoon sunlight and illuminating the place. Pictures of hairstyles and piercings lined the pale pink walls. The chairs were to the right, the front desk made out of glass was situated straight ahead, and to the left was an arch way that led into a larger room with stations. Two out of the eight stations were taken, while another hairdresser swept up some hair on the floor at another station further near the back.