chapter 18

Carter's POV
   It has been almost a year since Riley was taken by the phantoms. It was so funny watching the news and seeing the headline "Phantoms are phantoms?" Like wowwwww everyone died when they read it. Riley is doing a whole lot better. We have joined the gangs for the better reason that Riley has turned in her wings.
   RIGHT!  The Angel of Death has retired. She is now just a gang leader. And honestly.. I love it. We run the gang together. We have time for just ourselves but we also do family time with the kids and others with the boys and stuff.
    I remember our first date. We wemt to lazer tag with the boys and some of our other friends and let me tell you. She dominated me! After words we went to dinner just me an her and came home to watch a movie.
   Its just been so awesome! And im in love. We are in love.
   A little more to catch up on... Just bare with me ok? So soon after Roley recovered Braddon came crying cause he thought he lost her. And she was the closet thing he had to family. So Riley suprised us all and asked if she could become his legal sister. Yup! She has a little brother and another little sister Kalley. And every time she sees them all at the time with me, the boys and dad. She gives a heart stopping smile. Its like the whole world stops and stares for a moment. (See what I did there 😘)
   But back to today. I'm going to surprise her. Im heading over to the hotel now. Its still one of our head quarters. I'm going to ask her to marry me. I'm using moms ring. God I miss her.

I pull up to the hotel and walk inside. First i go up and check her office, nothing. Her bedroom, nothing. Ok thats odd. I walk back down stars and find Leo her right hand. "Yo Leo! Wheres Riley?" I ask as I walk up to him. "Shes been spending her time that way." He points to a path off to the side of the hotel. "She has been spending her free time there. I dont really know whats over there though." He finished. I nod and take off in that direction. A few minutes pass and a clearing comes into view. And in the middle is Riley. She is barefoot with a beautiful white dress. God shes beautiful in white. The dress cuts low on her back showing her wings and the train flows way back in the wind. Her hair is down and flowing with the wind. Its mesmerizing. I step back and call for everyone to come. All out friends and famoly members. The gang members. And a justice of the piece. Within 30 minutes everyone is there. And wearing formal attire. Even the kids. A smile finds its way to my face as I walk into the field.
   She turns to face me as I walk up next to her. Looking over the veiw of the ocean.
   "Riley Taylors. I Love you with all of my heart, my mind, and my soul. You are everything I could ever wish for. And as I stand before you today. I ask you to become my wife. Will you marry me?" I say as I drop to one knee. She starts to cry and hugs me saying "YES! OH GOD YES! OF COURSE ILL MARRY YOU!" "Right now?" I ask. As confusion covers her features everyone walks out into the clearing. The smile on her face never wavers as she whispers yes.
   Within the next hour we are married. And honestly it was a fairy tale wedding if ive ever seen one.
   9 years later

Sophia, Alice, and Jake are now 16, Braddon is 20, Kalley is 10 and me Riley and the boys are 28. Jake and Braddon have kept every guy away from Soph an Al. And i mean all of them. The gang runs smoothly. Our new tattoo is a red dragon going through a skull. And guess what. Riley is pregnant! We are having a baby!  Right now we have just told the news to everyone and stand on our back porch looking over everyone that has made it to the cook out. With the kids to our sides and riley and me in the middle. Our family. Something that I will never take for granted.

Oh my god guys its the end. Its just so sad that my first book is ending. And the end is kind of rushed i know. I just didnt know how else to do it. Let me know what you think. (I think i might 😢)