Chapter 13

Riley's POV

The rest of my day went by in a rush. Every meeting went by, I made no alliances because "We don't want a alliance with the Red Dragons, we want a alliance with YOU, Angel of Death." That's what all 5 of them said. So I "Kindly" declined their offers.

No one hurt, no blood, no fighting. Some arguments but nothing to bad. Now it is about 11 at night and I have yet to stop. After the last meeting, I had to deal with a emergency with a few of our members. There was a miscommunication between some of my members and buyers of our coke. Now I am sitting in my office at HQ. In my big comfy chair. God this chair is so comfy. Its like I melt into the chair. Without realizing it, my eyes shut and I went off into my dream land. Or so I thought it was DREAM land.

*DREAM*

I sat in the metal box. The only light coming through was from the metal bars on the front of the box. Everything was dark, cold, and wet. Then the lights switched on, and I scooted as far back as I could in the box. A few seconds later, big black boots with military jeans tucked in showed on the other side of the bars. Fear shot through me at the sight. The bars started moving and I jumped back. Moving as far back as I possibly could. I pushed my body flush against the back of the metal box. Then HIS face showed up in front of me. His black hair that hung right above his ears, his deep brown eyes that bore holes into my body, his evil smile that sent chills through out my body. Everything about him has my senses taken over by fear.

Then he reached into the box and grabbed my arm. He yanked me out of the box, into the cold laboratory that has been my home for the last 6 years. Today is my birthday, every year HE does something "Special" for my birthday. I am turning 10, this marks my 7th year here. It has not been a nice time here. HE beats me, burns me, does surgery on me, he marks me, he does some... unspeakable things to me.

I get lost in thought thinking of the things he might do to me today. Then he stabs a nettle into my neck and injects something. HE NEVER INJECTS ME WITH ANYTHING BEFORE THE "FUN." HE WANTS ME TO FEEL ALL THE PAIN! I scream inside my head. Then my eye lids close slowly, and then everything is pitch black.

When my eyes open, I am on my parents front porch, bruised, bloody, and broken. Then black starts to close in on my vision and I see HIM beating me, he cuts me and broke my arm, leg, and several of my ribs.

*End of Dream*

My eyes snap open, a scream echoing off the walls of my office, and Leo and several other members of my gang are in my office heaving as if they just ran in, and their eyes are wide and guns are drawn. I don't normally scream, and normally I have... different dreams. Yes they are all about that.. place. But normally I can push the scream and fear it puts in me away.

I look at my people and worry and concern is evident on their faces. "Hey guys, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." Their faces turned into frowns. "You don't have to say sorry. But you can talk to us ya know." A member, Steve, said. I nodded at them and ran my hands through my hair. I hung my head and pulled at my hair. "Go home for a bit. We can handle things here." another member, Des, said. Home, god home sounds so nice. My comfy bed, and some hot chocolate with Soph... SOPH!!!! I got up from my chair and ran. I ran down the stairs and out to my car. I speed towards the Skulls HQ, once I reached the gate, they opened it automatically and I rushed towards the door. Once I got there guards were ready and armed. I rushed out of my car and when I got to the steps. Daniel opened the door, and stared at me with wide eyes. "What's wrong dear?" he asked. Panic evident in my face, voice, movements, breathing,.. everything. "Soph? Where's Soph?" I asked. He chuckled a little bit, my body went ridged at the sound. Every fiber of my being stands, ready to pounce. "Hey, hey, hey calm down hun! shes at school. like your supposed to be. What's wrong dear? Is everything ok?" He rushes out the last bit. I let out a breath and visibly relaxed. "No, no, everything's fine. I just worked late last night and fell asleep in my office. And when I woke up, I remembered soph being here yesterday and panicked." I said. He let out another chuckle and shook his head. "Go on home and get yourself right. You have school and if I find out you weren't there at all.. Then I am going to beat your butt." He threatens. It hits my in my heart, he's acting like he's my... father... I smile and nod.

I go home, shower, change, and head to school. Once I got to school and to my first period, Carter and the boys locked eyes with me. They all looked worried, and angry. I went to my seat and carter moved to sit beside me. "Where were you! We watched Sophia all night and we were all worried! You don't call. You don't answer calls. No texts, nothing!" He scolds me. He continues for the next 10 minutes. Then he said something that set me off, "You abandoned her last night!" Everything in me snapped. I stood up and threw him against the wall. I gripped his throat and squeezed. "Don't you ever think that I abandoned her! You don't know what I was doing! You don't know me!" I yelled.

I stomped out of the class room and all the way to my car, while I put my headphones in. Once I got in, I started to cry. I broke down and cried. Is he right? Did I abandon her? I held my head in my hands and let it all out. Then someone knocked on my window. I look up and see no other than, Carter. A scowl finds its way onto my face. I rolled down my window and looked at him. I don't care that my face makes me look like a monster at the moment. He looks sad and guilty. I stare at him and then see the bruises on his neck. Concern floods my body and I shoot out of my car I lightly caress his neck. I start sobbing again. How can I hurt him? I love him! Wait.. no.. I can't not till I find HIM. I had been so lucky before I had came to this gang. The time I was back home before Sophia came, was its own nightmare. Then when mom told me she was pregnant everything changed. My mind focused on Sophia and pushed HIM a good distance from the front of my mind. But when I saw my parents and the gang, and everything happened, it all came back in a rush. All the memories, all the pain, and sorrow. It hurts to move when I think about it, its like all the bruises and broken bones were still there.

Carter snapped me from my thoughts as he clamped his hands on my shoulders. I instinctively Grabbed his hands but before I could do anything, he pulls his hands away and puts them up in surrender. Then he walks away. As he walks away, I jump in my car and drive off. I call Daniel and ask if Sophia can stay the night again, lucky for me he agrees. Then Leo calls. "Hey you got a formal party to do to tonight. All Gang leaders are going." He says. "Ill send you the address." He finishes then hangs up. Shortly after, my phones goes off, and sure enough there's a text from Leo with a address.