chapter 16

Carter's POV -
   We all drove like maniacs. We reached her HQ in record time. Once we arrived, I slammed my car into park and ran to the doors. I bust them open and before me was something that completely horrified me. Blood was everywhere. Bodies lay about. Few dead, some hurt badly. Men carried people to the infirmary, women held theur children close. The women an children were crying and the men were trying to hold it together. But Riley wasnt there. I ran up to her office but nothing. My men searched the entire building inside and out. "Shes not here..." A little boy said. Tears stained his cheeks, a little baby girl in his arms. "What do you mean son?" Dad asked. "They took her. Threaten to kill everyone and take her sister and her sisters 2 friends." He said as he hung his head low. I put my finger under his chin and made him look at me. "They had pictures of the 3 kids playing at school and at another house. They had a sign like your tattoo on the wall." He finished. With the end he pointed atmy gang tattoo. My blood boiled. They took her. She let them!
    "I couldnt protect her." Was his last words before he collapsed on the floor in tears clutching the baby close. Several ladies came and grabbed him. They took the children off to another room and the members came to surround the room. One stepped up. "We have to get her back. She saved all of us. And we will not let them get away with this." All i did was nod. "Why she isnt worth it. We can take over again. Here in this new place. Just like before." Mike said. God I wish she would let us kill them. But its not her choice either... Its sophias.
   As if my thought triggered something someone walked in with the kids in hand. "Look who was hiding in one of our cars." My eyes widened and my heart sped up. "What are yall doing here!" I yelled at them. Then my phone rang, "what!" I answered. "The kids are missing! We looked everywhere boss. We havent seen them since yall left." "Thats cause they snuck in one of the cars. They are fine. Thank you for informing me." The kids were put down to play while we worked on a plan to get Riley back. After hours of planning. We were sitting in the lounge waiting to know who all was coming, when sophia came in the room. Her hands were behind her back and I didnt pay much attention as she walked farther into the room. I saw her walking towards me with a smile on her face. "I dont know why you are waisting youre time! They probably killed her by now. She was never good for anything anyways." Avery said. My head snapped to her, how could she say something to terrible about her own daughter. All of a sudden sophia taped on my arm. "I dont want them here. They dont deserve to be in mine and Riley's life's. They arent my parents." Shes giving me permission. "How did you know they were your parents?" "I ober heard Ri talking to them before. Oh and here.." She says handing me Riley's weapons, including her favorite desert eagles. "Ri is gonna want those back when you get her." With that the smile returned to her face and she left.

1 hour later....

    Hundreds of cars, trucks, and vans pull up to the Red dragon Head Quarters. Thousands of people stood out front as we went over the plan. Almost every gang was in attendance. Soon we pulled out and was off to the Phantoms Head Quarters. Several hundred stayed back to protect the families. The boy from earlier, Braddon, stood with the baby in his arms with Sophia, Alice and Jace beside him. I nod at them and leave. I watch to make sure they dont sneak into any of the cars before we pull off and start the drive to the phantoms hide out.

Riley's POV -
   I left the party and knew it was them. They knew me an carter were getting closer... I mean it hardly seems like it.. But we are getting there. So they sent people to both. They are the only ones who werent at the party. It had to be them.
    I sped off to HQ and soon arrived. I ran inside, guns raised waiting to assess the situation. But what I saw horrified me. All my men.. Women... Children... Were on their knees with a gun to each of their heads. Men surrounding them. Easily 3 to 1... Their hands tied, and mouths covered. "Finally... You've shown up. We have been waiting." I looked around and blood was every where. Several people were laid about severly injured but few dead.
   "What do you want!" I ordered. His men flinched but he stood still. "You... You come with us and we let them all live. You fight an we will kill them and these 3 little kids." My eyes grew wide. 3 kids... The only kids I knew and cared about were Braddon, Kalley, Soph, Alice, and Jake. Braddon and Kalley were here.... Which means the only ones he could be talking about is... "I belive one is your sister... And her 2 newest friends." My blood ran cold... "Ill go... I wont fight. Just leave them all alone."  He smirked. Several men grabbed me, ties my hands, lead me to a car, tied my legs and taped my mouth. The whole time and glare etched on my face. I did as said and didnt fight.
  Time flew by. I don't know how long its been. But we have finally eached their hide out. They yanked me out the car and drug me through the dirt, the building, threw me down stairs, and into a cell. They chained every limb and even had a collar on me. My movements were so limited all i could do was sit on my knees or criss-crossed on the floor. My arms were held up out to my sides. And my head hung low.

  Hours passed... And one after another someone new came in and beat me. In just a few hours I think I habe seen 50 men. In and out. A minute apart. Hardly time to catch my breath before someone else came. This time... Their leader came in. George... Righttttt just a weird name for some cold hearted gang leader.
    He walked in and looked at me... "Wow such a bad state for the #1 assassin in the world." He laughed. My face was bruised and cut. My hair knotted and bloody. My body was riddled with bruises cuts an was soaked in blood. Blood pooled around my knees. Right now i was kneeling on the floor. My legs chained to the back wall, arms to the walls to my left and right, and the collar was chained to the ceiling.
   He laughed maniacally, his voice laced with hate and venom, an a smile on his face.
     He began to beat me. He did little cuts all over my body. "Scream for me." He whispered in my ear as he made another cut. My body was in so much pain, I would love nothing more than to scream and cry out in pain. But not for his satisfaction. I laughed at his antics which angered him. Chaos began to break out above us. He did a big cut across my stomach. Deep but not enough to see my organs. "Scream bitch!" He yelled. My jaw clenched and my body began to tremble with the coldness of the place and the lack of blood. In just hours i have felt what most. Who endured it would fell in months. A lifes worth of torture, in just a few hours.
     The door bursts open and in walks...