Deni's Do-It-Yourself

Well, it's already August, and we all know what that means. Summer is coming to a close and, sooner or later, we're going to have to go back to school. But going back to school doesn't have to be a bad thing. Sure, the classes can be boring, but that doesn't mean your locker and supplies have to be. That's why I'm here to tell you how you can spice up your supplies for this upcoming school year.

1. Washi Tape Pencils

The first DIY project is an easy way to make your ordinary pencil become a patterned pencil. Patterned pencils in stores can cost more than normal pencils, and they are harder to sharpen as well.

You will only need Washi tape and some pencils. All you have to do is wrap the Washi tape around the orange part of your pencil, until it covers all of it in the pattern of your choice. It's as easy as it sounds, so why don't you give it a try?

2. Scrabble Tile Magnets

Again, this DIY is just as easy as it sounds. All you need are some Scrabble tiles and adhesive magnet tape that you can find at a craft store like Michael's. All you have to do is apply the adhesive magnets to the backs of the Scrabble tiles. Now you can spell out whatever you like on the inside of your locker in a cool and decorative way.

3. Picture Perfect

This DIY, shown in AlishaMarie's "Tumblr Inspired Locker Organization" video, is such a cute way to display photos of you, your friends, and whoever you want!

For the magnets, you'll need clothes pins, spray paint, glue, and of course, mini magnets. Basically, you just paint the clothes pins whatever color you like then when the clothespins are dry, glue the magnets onto the backs of each of the clothespins.

Then, you just take whatever pictures you want, such as pictures from Instagram, Tumblr, or random photos you have lying around, and clip them up inside your locker with these adorable magnets.

Well, that concludes this month's "Deni's Do-It-Yourself"! Until next time! XOXO Deni