The Hunter.... Sort of

Just so you all know, this has nothing to do with my friends.

And so.... Yeah.... The title is pretty self - explanatory.... 

So this morning I went on my first deer hunt that I was actually shooting on. My Grandpa Randy,  (aka the ornery-est man on Earth) took both of my sisters out on their first hunts, so it is kind of tradition that he take me as well. 

So we woke up, got dressed in our bibs and jackets, and just as we were about to get into the truck to leave, he started sniffing through his nose and said, "Smell that, Sam? The smell of death is in the air." 

So.... Yeah....

I also just really need to get this out there. All of you fellow hunters out there will probably hate me for saying this but.... I really don't like deer hunting! 

I hated the way the deer jumped when I shot her!! 

I hated the way that we had to track her about 300 yards when she should NOT have lasted that long!!!!

I hated that we disrespected her death by making jokes about her!!!!

Call me a tree hugger, or a hippy, or what ever else, but I feel that any death of a creature as beautiful as her should be mourned!! Not made fun of,or questioned because she fought to stay alive!!!

I kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to disappoint my grandpa because he as so excited and proud of me. So I told my family and they understood. My dad isn't going to take me hunting tomorrow morning (thank god) and my grandpa is taking my sister out.

If I get any mean responses from this I will report them. This made me very upset and if anyone says anything mean, I will not hesitate to report them.