Chapter 33

Melanie's POV

When we get to our hotel, I get changed out of my clothes and into one of Wesley's shirts along with my underwear.

"I gotta go, I'm kinda late." Wesley says, rushing around the room, getting ready.

"It's 7 pm.. Where are you going?"

"To a meeting type thing. It's kinda like a convention. That's why I'm all dressed up." He says, buttoning up his shirt.

"Okay..." I sigh.

"Are you gonna be okay alone? I'm only gonna be gone until midnight." He says, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah... I'll be fine." I say, unsure.

"If you need anything, call me. If I don't pick up, call my mom and she'll come over here, okay?"

"Alright." I say and he gives me a small smile.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you, too." I say and he leans over and kisses me sweetly before getting up and heading out.

When he leaves, I turn the tv on and watch a movie. All of a sudden, I get a huge pain in my back. I sit up and start to breathe heavily, getting another pain quickly.

I grab my phone and call Wesley immediately. It's been about an hour since he's left, but I'm hoping he answers. I call 5 times and he doesn't answer. Meanwhile, I've begun to start sweating from these pains. I have no clue what's wrong and I'm beginning to panic.

I dial Laraine's number and she picks up by the second ring, thankfully.

"Hello, Melanie?"

"Laraine, please come to the hotel me and Wesley are staying at.. I'm getting huge pains and I have no clue why." I say, squeezing my eyes, trying not to scream.

"Okay, honey I'm coming. I'm heading out the door right now." She assures me and I start to panic even more.

I let out a scream as it starts to get worse.

"Melanie, I need you to lay down on the floor, on your back. It'll help." She says and I do what she says.

"Please hurry."

"I am, I'll be there in a few minutes." She says and I hang up the phone.

"Melanie, open the door! It's Laraine."

I get up slowly, walking to the door and I open it and seeing her face is a relief.

She takes me in her arms as soon as she sees me and I grip her hands tight.

"What do you think could be wrong?" She asks.

"I don't know, I was just watching a movie and I all of a sudden started getting these huge pains.

"Okay, well maybe your having your baby early?" She doesn't know I lost it?

"Laraine.. We lost the baby a couple weeks ago." I say and she looks horrified.

"Oh my God, Mel. I'm so sorry, Wesley never told me." She says and I get another pain. "Let's get you to the hospital." She says and she gets me some sweatpants to throw on.

When we get to the hospital, I'm rushed into a hospital room and Laraine follows behind. I wait in the bed for the doctor, miserable. Laraine keeps calling Wesley, trying to see if he'll answer.

"He's not answering.." She says, rolling her eyes as she puts her phone away.

"Hello, are you Melanie?" The doctor asks as she walks in.