Chapter 11

Melanie's POV

*Can we please talk?*

*Why aren't you answering me?*

*Wesley?*

*Please Wesley, answer the fucking phone*

*Wesley, fucking answer the phone!*

Those were the texts I've sent over the past week. He hasn't been answering me and I'm been worried out of my mind. I've tried going over to his apartment but every time I went over he happened to not be there.

"Drew.. What are the odds someone would cheat on someone?" I ask as I lay my head on his lap.

"Uh.. I don't know. Why are you asking?"

"Because.. Wesley hasn't talked to me for a little over 3 weeks now and I'm getting worried."

"Oh.. Well, I know for a fact Wesley wouldn't cheat on you. He's not like that." He says and I nod.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. He's gone through too much to hurt someone he loves like that." He says and I smile. I hear my phone ring a few seconds later and I dart up quickly. I hear Drew laughing and I ignore him as I see Wesley's caller ID on my phone screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey.. Melanie. Can we talk? Please." He says and my heart twists in excitement at the thought of seeing him again.

"Yeah, sure.. When?"

"Now? I'll meet you at one of the diners in Times Square."

"Okay, I'll see you there." I say and hang up my phone.

"Wesley wants to meet up, I'll see you later!" I yell to Drew as I grab my bag and head towards the door.

I get in my car and anything and everything rushes through my mind and I begin to sweat. I can't wait to see Wesley but I'm also really scared to see him again because of what he might say. As I arrive, I see Wesley in the back of the diner so I take a deep breath and walk over there.

"Hey." He speaks up as I sit down and I glance at him, giving him a smile.

He looks down at his menu and I take that as my chance to really look at him. He looks so exhausted.. He's never looked this way before.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask after a long moment of silence.

"Um.. Melanie, I wanted to tell you how sorry I am for ignoring your texts and phone calls.. I just couldn't bring myself to pick them up and I'm sorry." He says, his voice cracking and I give him a smile.

"It's okay.. You just were really worrying me, Wesley."

"I know and I'm sorry. I've done a lot of shit that I'm not proud of that first week that I didn't talk to you and the other 2 weeks I just spent in shame and in fear of you finding out." He says and my heart stops. The only thought that runs through my head is that he cheated on me.

"Wes, did you cheat on me? Be honest." I say as serious as I can but my lip starts trembling.

"No! Fuck no! Stop asking me that, I would never cheat on you." He yells the first part and I silence him quickly as people start to stare.

"Well what else am I supposed to think, Wesley?! I've been told by several people that if a guy does what you did in a relationship, odds are he cheated!" I whisper yell, glaring at him.

"I'm not arguing with you here." He says and I glare at him.

"All we ever do is argue." I say, looking down and I grab my bag.