Chapter 21

Melanie's POV

"Thomas, please open the damn door!" I yell through his front door, knocking loudly.

"Melanie, what do you want?!" He asks, finally opening the door and he crosses his arms over his bare chest, looking down at me angrily.

"Please just let me explain." I say and he opens the door for me, letting me in.

"Alright... Explain." He says, and I gulp before starting.

"What I said wasn't true."

"Then why did you say it?!

"Let me finish! I was only saying it to get him to leave. He had no business being here and I also wanted to apologize for that. I have no clue why he thought he had the right to do that, it was very rude of him." I say and Thomas shakes his head before looking off.

"So you didn't sleep with me just to get back at him?"

"No.. I promise, Thomas." I say, taking his hand and he looks back at me.

"Now I just seem like a douche.." He says, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"You're not a douche." I laugh, and he begins to laugh as well. "Are you gonna try and fix things with Maggie?"

That wipes the smile right off of his face.

"Uh.. I don't know. It's been several days since I caught her and she hasn't tried contacting me. Knowing her she's too scared to confront me." He says, shaking his head.

"Well how about you go and try to talk to her, yeah? I could tell you two were really in love and I don't want you to lose that." I say, giving him a small smile.

"I know, I'm just still kinda pissed off at her.. She cheated on me and she should be the one to come to me about it." He says.

"Just try?"

"I guess so."

"Good, now I'm gonna go. I've got a class to attend."

"You need to fix things with Wesley as well."

"No, I don't think so."

"Why not? You two are perfect for each other and I bet he's beating himself up about cheating on you."

"The problem is is that we both cheated on each other.. I kissed Drew, remember.."

"Okay, then you need to go tell him."

"What?! Thomas, no!"

"Why not?"

"Because he needs to come to me."

"No Melanie. Stop waiting for him to do things he's not going to do. He's either devastated or hooking up with more girls."

"Thanks.." I say sarcastically.

"Melanie," he warns.

"Fine, I'll talk to him." I sigh.

"Good, now go." He says and comes up to hug me.

I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his waist and inhaling his scent. He kisses my forehead and I pull away, smiling at him. I walk out the front door and to my car, hopping in.

-

"Your total is $11.52, thank you for your service." The lady behind the counter says, giving me a fake smile.

I smile back and walk away, putting the bag she gave me in my purse. As I exit the store into Times Square, I run into a hard chest and the coffee that I'm holding flies somewhere else.