Chapter 27

Melanie's POV

"I'm gonna go on a run, I'll be back in a little bit." Wesley says, pulling on his gym shorts.

"Alright." I say and he comes over to kiss my cheek before leaving.

A few minutes after he leaves, his phone starts to buzz, signaling he has a text. I walk over and see it's from Misty.

I unlock his phone, looking at the texts they've sent to each other. Why does he even have her number?

'Leave me alone.' He says.

'Wes, I know you felt something in that kiss too.. It's been so long.' She says and I fall to the floor with the phone.

I had a suspicion he was cheating on me, I just didn't want to be right. I walk over to the bathroom after setting Wesley's phone back down. I turn the shower on and get in with my clothes still on after shutting the door and locking it. The water is freezing but I honestly don't give a fuck. I want it to numb my emotions and make me not think about anything. I don't even know if I'm crying, because there's water rolling down my face. I sit there, and close my eyes, resting my elbows on my knees and I rest my chin in my hands. Why would he do this to me? Why would he cheat on me again?

"Babe? I'm home." I hear him call but I don't answer, I just stay in the same position.

I'm shivering by now but it doesn't seem to faze me.

"Melanie?" I hear Wesley ask, and I heart the door knob jiggle.

"Melanie? Please open the fucking door. Melanie!" He calls, trying to get the door open and I shake my head and my bottom lip begins to tremble.

"Mel, I'm gonna break the fucking door down if you don't open it! Please baby, just open the damn door." I hear him plead.

I hear the door bust open a second later and Wesley rushes over to me, pulling the shower curtain back quickly.

"Mel." He breathes out, shutting the water off and I look up at him, water clouding my vision.

"How could you?" I choke out.

"What? Mel, I need to get you to the hospital. You're fucking freezing." He says and I swat his hands away.

"Don't touch me!" I yell, backing away from him and from the look on his face you can tell I broke his heart by my words.

"Please baby, I need to help you or you're gonna get sick."

"I don't need your help and don't call me baby! I'm not your baby anymore."

"W-what?"

"You know what you did." I say and before he can answer, the paramedics come rushing in and I get confused.

Wesley must've called them when he realized he couldn't get the door open and I wasn't responding to him. I glare at him and the paramedics push him out of the bathroom. They get me on the gurney and Wesley walks out with us, getting in the ambulance with me and the doctors.

-

Wesley's POV

I've been sitting in this fucking waiting room for the past 2 hours and I can't take it anymore. Finally, Drew and Keaton come rushing in and they looked worried. I can't blame them.

"What happened?" They both ask at the same time.

"I came home from a run and she was in the bathroom with the shower on and her clothes still on. The water was fucking freezing and I think she was in there for awhile."