Chapter 29

Wesley's POV

"Wesley, please wait!" I hear Melanie call after me as I storm down the hallway of the hospital.

I ignore her and walk out of the hospital to my car and a few minutes after I get in, she does.

"Why are you acting this way?" She asks and I stare down at my lap, my jaw clenching.

"I'm not ready to be a father, Melanie. I'm only 20. No one wants to be a father at 20 years old." I say and I look over to her.

"Do you want this baby?" She asks and I can tell her heart is breaking.

"I-I don't know. Do you?"

"I don't know, either. But, I'm not gonna abort it, that's disgusting."

"Then what are we gonna do?! I can't afford to take care of a baby! Neither can you!"

"I-I'll get a job. Just please, don't let me do this by myself."

"Mel.." I mumble, shaking my head.

"We can get through this, okay? Together." She says, taking my hand.

"I love you." I say and she gives me a sad smile.

"I love you, too." She responds and I lean over to kiss her softly.

"When do you wanna tell Keaton and Drew?" I ask, pulling away.

"I don't know.. Drew's gonna want to kill you again." She says and we both laugh at that.

"Yeah, he's seriously gonna want to rip my head off."

"So let's make sure we have an ambulance ready." She jokes and we laugh harder.

"I wish our relationship could be normal for once."

"What do you mean?" She asks, taking my hand.

"Our relationship is never like the same thing. There's always some bump in the road that makes me wonder if it's gonna officially ruin us. Like this baby for example.. I'm not ready at all but I'm going to give that baby the world."

"Wes, everything is going to be fine. You have 9 months to get ready and I'm sure you will be by then."

"Let's go.. I wanna get away from this fucking hospital." I say and I start the car.

Melanie's POV

It's been several weeks since we found out I'm pregnant and Wesley is still scared. It's really starting to worry me.

"Wes, we've gotta go. My appointment is in twenty minutes." I call from the living room and Wesley comes into the room finally.

"Okay, are you ready?" He asks and I laugh at how nervous he looks.

"Yes, I've been ready. I've been waiting on you." I say, standing up.

"O-okay." He stutters and I grab my purse.

I grab his hand and it's all sweaty. It's probably from him being so nervous.

When we get to the doctor, I check in and Wesley sits down first. He's shaking his leg up and down nervously when I walk over and I sit down next to him.

"Wesley, calm down." I say, resting my hand on his leg and making him stop. "You're stressing me out."

"I'm just nervous, I'm sorry." He says and I lean over to kiss his cheek.

"Don't be." I say and we sit there in silence for a few minutes.

"Melanie Whithers?" A nurse calls out and I stand up, pulling Wesley with me.