Thanks to me.

Then my phone rang out, indicating I had received a text from Shawn.

Megan answered him, telling him we were almost there as she continued to ignore me after yet another kiss.

We had kissed three times, and yes I was actually counting.

I spoke, “Do you feel as confused as I do?”

“Probably more, but yes.”

“What are we going to do?”

She looked at me, “Nothing, we’re not gonna do anything. We’re not gonna talk about it, relive it, or even think about it. Okay?”

I shook my head, “I can’t stop thinking about it, we just relived it, and we’re also talking about it.”

“Stop being a smartass.”

I smiled, “You’re fairly calm about it.”

“Because I’m in shock.”

I smirked, “I kiss that good?”

“Shut up, Sam.”

We pulled up into the pick-up area as I looked at Megan, “How can you sit there and ignore the fact that we both like it.”

“Because I know consequences, and unlike you I’m trying to stay out of jail.”

I rolled my eyes, “I’m not trying to be you jailbait, Megan. Shit, I’ve been trying for months to stay away from you.”

She mumbled under her breath, “Try harder.”

I felt something in my heart shiver from her cold response, as if she was expecting me to continue distancing myself after this. I couldn’t, it would be impossible, and as much as I hated feeling this with her, I couldn’t help it. I was vulnerable to her now, and she knew that, and she wasn’t giving me any mercy.

Then I saw Shawn coming up behind Megan, smiling like a retard.

I groaned as I exited the car, smiling as I walked up to him, “You brought Megan, alive.”

I smiled, “Barely.”

He hugged me, dropping his bags as she spoke, “I’m so relieved we don’t have to get you out of jail.”

“Glad I could exceed your expectations.”

Megan approached him from behind me, hugging him, “So glad you’re back.”

I lifted his suitcase into my trunk as I pulled back my front seat to let someone into the back. Shawn looked at me, “I’m ready to be home.”