I felt as if I needed to talk to her, or ask her how she was, or something other than sit here in silence. I was scared to even talk to her after what had happened, but then I remembered she had kissed me back last night.

It wasn’t just me.

I spoke softly, “Megan.”

“I don’t want to talk about last night. Ever.”

I groaned, “Megan, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry doesn’t take back what happened, Sam. What you did was uncalled for and very bad.”

I looked at her as I pulled up to a red light, “You kissed me back, and for a good while too! It wasn’t just me Megan.”

She held up her finger, “Don’t.”

I continued down the street and to the airport, wondering what she was so mad about. I mean yes, I kissed her, so what? It was just a kiss, even though she was my teacher, and living with me, and my brother’s bestfriend…

Fuck.

I pressed on, “Megan, please don’t make this weird.”

“It’s already weird.”

I looked at her, “Are you saying I kiss weird?”

She looked at me, responding instantly, “No, you kiss really good, I mean… no, that’s not what I’m saying dammit. I don’t want to talk about it.”

She was nervous talking about it, which made me smile in response because she was the most adorable thing ever. Was I making her nervous like she made me?

I smiled, “I kiss really good?”

“Sam don’t, please.”

I laughed, “That’s why you feel so weird, cause you liked it.”

“Just because I liked it doesn’t mean it was the right thing to do.”

I shrugged “It felt pretty right.”

I stopped at another light and looked at her, seeing her blue eyes fixated on me. She was trying so hard to be mad at me but she couldn’t, and I thought it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen her do.

Then we leaned in together as our lips met for a third time in the last twenty-four hours, and the familiar feelings burned through my body. I pulled her face into me as her hand rested on my thigh, making my heart rate sky-rocket.

Then she shoved me off of her, “Dammit Sam.”

I rested back in my seat as I continued driving, realizing she couldn’t resist me just like I couldn’t resist her. We wanted the same thing from each other but we had both been holding back, which had finally backfired last night.