Part 014: Battles Begin

★【 LEE'S P.O.V
____________________

Colors blurred as I tried to catch my breath. The two commanders, which I couldn't make out, were trying to control their armies but they couldn't.

The two sides were battling against each other and it didn't seem like they were going to stop.

I was in the middle of it all, trying to make sense of who's who and what's what.

My mind was messed up and my anxiety was running wild. I had never been good with crowds, and battle was a completely different matter.

The only colors I could see were black, red, blue, some yellow and white. There were shapes that resembled humans and others that were dog-like.

The pain in my head began to strike quicker and harder. The pain spread to more of my body and I couldn't control it. My hands were shaking and my legs were trembling.

Two people were trying to rush through the crowd from what I could see, but my hearing had already faded. All I could hear was metal banging on metal and yelling.

My body was becoming numb and I felt like I couldn't breathe properly.

Red stained the area surrounding me and the whole battlefield.

I looked down at my hands which had a dark crimson color on them.

My eyes widened as I looked down at my body, realizing that a sword had gone through me.

Falling to my knees, I heard someone laugh behind me. My body was fully numb so I couldn't feel it. Slowly trailing my hand to the place where the sword had been, I tried to stop the blood that poured out. But I couldn't.

The sharp, black eyes that were staring at me while they laughed at my misery.

I could no longer breathe and I felt like I was suffocating. Slowly slipping away, I closed my eyes and let the white overtake me.

——————————————

→【 DAXTON'S P.O.V
____________________

Damn it.

DAMN IT.

DAMN IT!

Why did Lee have to go missing?

Why couldn't I protect her?

Why can't I protect her right now?

I can't even see her now. She had rushed into the battle, like an idiot. Either side can't decipher if she's good or not. Not to mention there's some people in our groups that don't have the best intentions.

Vincent and I were trying our hardest to find her. Our princess that we didn't want to share with each other and we both thought that whoever found her first would have her.

We had known about each other for a few days. I had tracked him down and talked to him. He didn't want to listen. I wasn't listening either. I just wanted to know that Lee was safe. After we couldn't reach an agreement, we declared war on each other.

Zivier had tried to talk me out of it, but he couldn't. Because he wanted to get Lee back too, she was our rightful Luna. It was obvious about that. She was the second woman I ever truly felt something for. The first woman was someone who made me feel like that.. I don't talk about her.

Fighting through the masses of people, I couldn't find her anywhere. At first, I saw her soft brown hair, walking around and then the next moment she's gone. Like she never even existed.

Vincent was looking for her as well.

We had both freaked out when she appeared on the battlefield but we were frozen for a moment. That moment was one of the most crucial. Between keeping her safe and throwing her into harm's way.

Since we both felt something for her, we had mutually agreed to push our rivalry aside. To find the woman who was the center of our attention. It was unspoken, but we both knew.

I could see her inside of my head, her sweet smile. Her intoxicating voice. Her beautiful hair. No, everything about that woman screamed beautiful. She could be the perfect mate for anyone if she tried to be. In a matter of days, she made me fall. It was clear that Vincent was infatuated with her as well.

She was so small, too. It was adorable. The way she looked when she was crying was heartbreaking, though. In those emerald eyes I could see more than a world of depression and hurt, it was like a universe. She was broken and she knew it, but she continued every day.

Me and Vincent were running side-by-side, at the same time. Bodies were dropping quickly, from both sides. We had tried to get them to stop, but they couldn't. No, more like they wouldn't.

We reached the middle of the battles and there she was. She looked so pitiful but so serene. Vincent, on the other hand, was yelling. I looked up from her and saw a man, who was about six foot one. He had blood dripping down a small sword.

Vincent was holding onto the body of someone. As soon as I recognized who it was, I felt both enraged and miserable at once. I ran to the man who had stabbed Lee. In a flash, he was dead. His neck was snapped.

Kneeling down, I held onto the other half of Lee that Vincent wasn't holding. We both took off our shirts. My shirt went around the wound first, with Vincent's wrapping around after.

Vincent was trying to stop the bleeding as I called my pack doctor. He gave me his phone so I could also call his. We needed the most help we could get to force Lee to survive.

Survive..

No. She wouldn't die. This woman, Lee, was too stubborn to die and we both knew that. She would continue living, not for herself, but for her family and us.

Tears fell down my cheeks and Vincent's as she was taken away by our pack doctors.

At that second, we weren't rivals. We were two grown men who were losing our love. We were going to put her first, and I'd make sure of that.

Just to make Lee happy.