Part 002: Obstacles

★【 LEE'S P.O.V
____________________
Getting up for work, I gently picked up my phone and mentally groaned at the time. I had gotten nine hours of sleep but I was still tired as hell.

Groggily standing up, I began getting dressed. I chose my basic every day wear: a gray t-shirt, black hoodie and light blue ripped jeans. For my shoes, the only thing I had to choose from were Vans or Converse shoes. I picked the black Vans.

Grabbing my over-the-shoulder bag, I placed my phone, charger and earbuds in it.
For once, I had waken up early so I could take a run. After last night, Fana was begging me for one.

My face was in my phone so I wasn't paying attention when a man ran into me.
All of my belongings fell out of my purse and I scowled at the man who had just so carelessly ran into me.

Picking up what had fallen out, he began to help as well.

A little late but at least he had some manners.

Looking up to see who the man had been, I saw that he had dusty red locks and tinted blue eyes. He smiled at me nervously, offering his hand.

"Hi, I'm Zivier. Sorry for running into you, but I have some important business to do. So if you don't mind, I'll be leaving now." He ran off again and I remembered that I had seen him in the café previously. He was definitely a werewolf by his scent, but he didn't belong to the Golden Dawn pack.

Checking the time, it was already eight a.m., meaning I had no time to run this morning.
After I got off my shift early since I had college classes this morning. I wasn't in a rush to get there, seeing that it was just across the street.

'Golden Dawn College' it read.

I didn't live on campus grounds because I had already gotten a place. Many people asked me to, but I always declined. Walking into the large building, I made my way to my first class: General Chemistry II.

The beautiful thing about being a loner was that nobody talked to you unless they had a question or a concern. They didn't talk to you about random things such as parties, gossip and who-knows-what.

My life was pretty boring in retrospect to others', but that's just how I liked it. Being boring doesn't get you noticed.

Humming to 'Ozone' by Chase Atlantic, I went to my next class. I had just now bought a Rice Krispies Treat from one of the vending machines. So at least I'll have something to snack on after I get done with my run.

I recognized one girl as I was going to General Business II. Her name was Olive Van, or also known as the prettiest girl in Florida, according to her fans. She was a part-time model and actress, so I don't really understand why she needs to go to college. Brushing off my slight jealousy, I walked off.

It was now nine p.m., and I had the chance to take a run. Dashing out into the woods, I quickly transformed into my forest-colored wolf. Having deep, vibrant green eyes and a clean dark brown coat.

Trotting down the trail that humans had made quite a long time ago, I sensed another presence.

Stopping for a second, I growled, making sure that they knew that they were discovered. Continuing my adventure, the presence never left me. It was almost as if it was keeping an eye on me, either to protect me or to ensure I wasn't a threat.

It was probably the latter, so I just ignored it.
I was a pretty strong wolf, my father being one of the best fighters in my pack. He had taught me everything he knew.

Approaching a sparkling lake of crystal water, I lapped at it.

It was beginning to get dark, black and gray shadows blending in with the approaching night.

Somehow, I had found myself at peace with the slumbering woods. No birds chirping, no humans, no movement in the trees.

Laying down against the forest floor, I looked up at the stars. There was Ursa Minor, Ursa Major, Mars, the Moon and many others I couldn't name.

The serenity of my surroundings slightly put me on edge, though. The presence still hadn't left, and normally there would be rogues at this time. Rogues were wolves that either left their pack, don't want a pack, or had been banned from theirs.

They were dangerous for their desperation of food, water and shelter. Most of the rogues would pair up into twos or threes, rarely would they make a pack of their own.

Just as I got up, I could hear something in the bushes. By the scent of the animal, it wasn't something small.

As I was about to journey off elsewhere, I was tackled to the ground by a heavy creature. I immediately noticed that it was indeed a rogue, a frail-looking one at that. It was hungry for blood.

Trying to push the humungous yet malnourished wolf off of me, I soon slipped underneath him. I gripped his nape in my sharp canines, and threw him into the icy water.

Fana was internally having a blast, having a laughing meltdown at how the rogue was struggling to swim.

Shaking my head at my childish wolf, I was about to leave but yet another obstacle stood in my way.

The presence had made itself known now, and I could barely see it. The coat of the presence was blending into the dark shadows, but I could see his piercing gray eyes. It seemed curious and wanting to know more.

Fana aggressively wanted out since her joyous mood was ruined.

The wolf was obviously well-built and a male. It seemed like it was no harm, but in case, I say down against the floor and waited for it to come to me.

Instead of coming, it ran off with a huff.
Thanks for wasting my time, kid! Fana said inside of my head, making a small, wolfy smile appear on my face.

I memorized the trail, so I had come back to the house with ease. I plugged up my phone to the charger and saw the time. Two twenty-six a.m., and it was passed the time that I was supposed to sleep.

Crawling into bed, I forgot about my Rice Krispies Treat. Not that it mattered— I'd just eat it when I woke up.

For about ten minutes I just sat there, thinking about today's events in the forest. The short, peaceful time I had, staring up at the trees. The matted rogue I fed to the lake, and the wolf with gray eyes I found stalking me.

Eventually, I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.