Chapter 21

In the morning, Lisa and Joel were ready to head out to the yacht. They grabbed a bite to eat with extra sandwiches, more fish were purchased, and he picked up a laptop for Nichole. While he was at the electronics store, more phone batteries were purchased that held decent charges. He was also able to get an internet account set up for the laptop. Getting to a specialized warehouse, a generator with a water-proof covering was next to be purchased. Cans of gasoline were next. The generator he chose was supposed to be much quieter than the others, but he wouldn't know for sure. When it was running, he would get a better idea. It was also supposed to power itself as it ran, so that it wouldn't need a battery to self-start, but there was a battery on it, anyways, as a form of backup power. Extension cables for it to power other devices were purchased, as well as anything else he felt that his daughter would need. Then he remembered the appraisers that were to meet up with him.

"I'm calling Bobby," Joel said and grabbed his cell phone. "I think I may need his help."

"Okay," Lisa smiled.

"Hey, Bobby! Have a good lobster dinner?" Joel chuckled.

"That I did! On your way to Little Star?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah, but I need some help with a pickup. I had to buy a generator for Nichole. I can't transport it. I doubt a cab can fit it in the trunk."

"Understood! I'll have a couple of my guys over with a truck. Where are you?" he asked. The shop location was given, and a truck arrived within minutes.

"He's very reliable," Lisa grinned.

"It revolves around treasure. He makes himself reliable," Joel shrugged. That had Lisa blinking with surprise at his reasoning. When they got to Little Star, the generator was carefully locked down on the deck and tied securely to keep it from moving. At his worry of how to get it into the island, itself, Bobby was there to help with the issue.

"A portable raft might work," he suggested.

"That's a good idea. I think there's an emergency one on the yacht. We just have to inflate it and then deflate it when done," Joel nodded. "I just hope it's strong enough."

"There's an air pump with it. It's easy to use. Oh, here's your jewelry," Bobby said. He handed over the small briefcase. Joel opened it carefully, and he chuckled, "It's all there. I only took out the earrings that belonged to my wife."

"I know. I'm just making sure nothing broke. That's all," Joel smirked.

"Right, right," he grinned.

"Oh. I'm waiting for the appraisers for the island to appear. Are you doing anything at all today?" Joel asked. "I could actually use your help in dealing with them."

"I need to collect my treasure. I made sure to have no plans," Bobby nodded. "I'll join you."

"If you have patrols, then fine. Just keep them back. We don't want Kilnak's people to get upset. You haven't heard Kilnak roar out when he got pissed off. I had that courtesy over a phone call when Ben was an issue," Joel winced. "It's...very unpleasant."

"I'll keep that in mind," he muttered with a small shiver. In the back bedroom, Josh was wide awake and nervous as hell. Dad was here with Lisa and Bobby. And appraisers were coming on board the yacht, too. He grimaced. When should I try to show myself? He judged it was best out at sea. It would be harder to turn around.

"Dad, I had a sandwich in here, and it's gone," Lisa frowned.

"Huh. Maybe Annie ate it when I was sleeping," Joel frowned.

"I guess," she shrugged. "Good thing we got more, huh?"

"Yep. At least my beers are here, but I'll wait until the appraisers get here. I want to show that I'm not drinking with them around. I just hope they got swimming trunks or suits," he chuckled. "However, I don't want them to see the jewelry."