16

I let out a sigh as I waited for Rex to say something, and when he didn't I broke the silence.

"Master Plo told me you had been killed." I said calmly.

"Me, Gregor, and Wolffe faked our deaths.... why did you leave?" He asked shaking his head.

"Ahsoka needed me."

"Really because from what Ezra said, you and Ahsoka split up and haven't talked to each other in a few years."

"She left sometime before Fives died."

"Then why didn't you come back?"

"I couldn't."

"Why? She left and you left with her. Didn't even say goodbye.... you left me! We where suppose to be together! You said we would be together no matter what! So tell me why couldn't you come back!" He snapped angrily.

"Every night I would wake up from a nightmare..... same one. A boy rushed to my side and then he was stabbed in the back..... I only heard his name once, but I felt like I knew him my whole life.... I lost my arm so that dream wouldn't come true. I left the war so I could find that kid.... everything I did was so Ezra Bridger wouldn't die." I said softly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because.... I couldn't see your death. Everyday I would wake up from different nightmares. Some where unrealistic and others felt like it was real..... some unfinished and some not. One dream with Ezra dying.... you took his place and I couldn't deal with it. I couldn't be near you and..... and worry about you dying." I said looking at my hands.

"You should have told me. You shouldn't of had to deal with that alone." He said as he grabbed my hands.

I looked into his eyes and felt tears stream down my face as he gently leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"All I wanted was to be with you, but I was so scared that I would have to watch you die." I whispered.

He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest as I snuggled into him.

"You have no idea how long I dreamed about you being in my arms." He whispered.

After awhile I pulled away and turned to pilot the ship. When we arrived at the base I smiled as we walked off the ship and he had an arm around my waist.

"So how you think your friends will react?" He asked with a smile.

"To what? Me being back?" I asked softly.

"To you marrying me." He said with a smirk.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Well, we where waiting to get married until the end of the clone wars and it has ended.... and I would rather marry you now than wait for this war to end." He said softly.

"Well..... I guess I'm with you on that..... I don't want to wait any longer." I said with a smile.

He laughed as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

"Even though you have gotten uglier." I said with a smirk.

"Uglier! Why I outta!" He exclaimed as he picked me up and put me on his shoulder.

I laughed as he carried me down the hallway to the meeting room. He put me down and I smiled as I let out a sigh and walked into the room. I saw Zeb, Sabine, and Hera turn to look at us and I laughed as Sabine and Zeb tackles me in a hug.

"Good to have you back." Hera said as I stood up.

"Good to be back." I said as Sabine wouldn't let me go.

Soon Sabine separated from me and I looked behind Hera to see Ahsoka. I smiled softly as I walked up to her.

"I'm glad you are safe." Ahsoka said calmly.

I pulled her into a hug and felt her arms tighten around me as she started to shake.

"It's okay.... It wasn't your fault." I whispered as I hugged her tighter.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry." She whispered.

We pulled apart and I whipped the tears away as I smiled down at her.

"Alright now on to the good news." Rex said with a chuckle.

"This wasn't the good news?" Ezra asked confused.

I laughed as I walked up to Rex and he put an arm around me.

"We are getting married." Rex said with a smile.

"Yes!" Ezra yelled happily.

"Congratulations!" Hera said hugging us.

Kanan shook Rex' hand and then glared at him.

"You hurt our girl and I'll end you." Kanan said calmly.

"We all will end him." Zeb said with a chuckle.

I shook my head and smiled as Rex wrapped an arm around me.

"Kanan can I talk to you?" I asked softly.

He nodded his head and I let out a sigh as we walked out.

"I'm leaving.... I'm done fighting for awhile, I will return, but for now I need to start my life with Rex." I said softly.

"Alright.... but that isn't all, is it?"

"I had a dream..... you died. You couldn't see and you used the force to save everyone." I said softly.

"Then I think I died a good death." He said with a smile.

"I'll miss you." I said as I hugged him.

He hugged me back and then I left to see Rex.

"So where is the wedding going to happen?" Sabine asked with a smile.

"On the planet Saleucami." I said softly.

Rex looked at me confused and I smiled.

"I promised Cut and his family that if I found you and we got married that I would have the wedding there." I said with a laugh.

"Cut is still alive? Well.... can't believe he is alive." He said laughing as he shook his head.

I smiled as Sabine went over wedding ideas.

"It is just going to be a plain wedding. I don't want anything big. All I want is my family there." I said softly.

"Couldn't agree more." Rex said looking down at me.

I smiled as we all got on the Ghost and left for Saleucami.