Chapter 25- Fence Hopping

Start from the beginning

Once in my room I throw on a pair of grey sweatpants and a white hoodie. The doorbell rings again and I rush downstairs to the front door.

I get to the front door and take a deep breathe. The pain in my hip and body are killing me right now. I also probably look a mess to. Oh well. Whatever.

I finally swing open the door and there stands Emilio Martinez with his hand raised like he was about to knock on the door.

"Hey Emilio." I say breathlessly.

"Hey Dallas." He puts his hand down and smiles.

"What brings you here?" I asked leaning against the door.

"Well I haven't seen you in a while so I thought I'd stop by." He said smirking.

Little does he know

"What did you say?" He says confusingly

"Oh um nothing. Anyways what do you want." I said changing the subject

"Let's hang out." He says with a cheeky smile.

"Um no. I'm tired." I say with a straight face.

"Oh c'mon. Stop being so stubborn." He pushes past me and comes inside my house.

My eyebrows drew together and a confusion spread across my face. Uhm when did I invite him in? I don't recall saying, "Oh Emilio you can come in its fine." I can't with him.

He makes his way towards my living room and plops down on the couch. I slowly come into the living room trying to hide my limp.

His head is facing towards the tv while I start to come in. I plop myself down next to him and just stare at him with a glare.

Who does he think he is just walking into my house and thinking he can do whatever he wants. That's not how life works.

"Take a picture it will last longer." he catches me off guard.

"What are you talking about?" I asked

"Well you're sitting there and staring at me. I knew I was good looking but not that good looking." He smirks and turns his head towards me.

When he turns his head towards me our faces were close. Our noses were almost touching. Our eyes were locked on each other.

The sound of the tv went silent. I was almost sure that Emilio turned it off. He moved a little closer so that our noses were touching and our breathes were mixing.

Emilio looks down at my lips and his eyes stay there for a few seconds and slowly travel up my face back to my eyes. My heart was literally beating out of my chest.

I just stay there not knowing what to do. Do I want to kiss him? Is he really going to kiss me right now? What do I do?

He then slowly starts to lean in more trying to close the gap between us. Our lips were practically touching at this point but not quite.

RING RING RING

A loud ringing noise goes off causes the both of us to pull apart. I wince grabbing my hip from the pain that shot up my body.

Emilio grabs his phone out of his pocket and looks at who is calling. He groans in annoyance and answers the phone.

"Excuse me for a moment." He tells me getting up and walking away.

I just nod in response. I lean back in the chair and try to comprehend everything that just happened.

Why did I let it get that far? I shouldn't be bringing him closer. I should be pushing him away. The closer he gets to me the closer he is to finding out that I am Lexi.

I start to think more and more about the situation. I will have to admit when we were just about to kiss I felt a jolt of energy rush through me.

Wait, Dallas. You can't let that happen. It won't happen. He might just be using me. I don't want to get my heart broken like that. Ever.

I drift out of my thoughts as I hear footsteps approach in the entrance of the living room. I turn my head and there stood Emilio staring back at me.

"Hey um, I have to go that was Ivan and he said that there was an emergency back at home." He says weakly.

"Alright well I will see you in school." I replied back.

"See yah." He says then turn and leaves.

I hear the front door open and close. I then hear his car start up and he drives away. I let out a huge breathe that I didn't even realize I was holding.

I really hope that doesn't ruin out friendship.

____________________________________

Dallas is finally home. Well kinda. Why did Emilio go to her house? Why couldn't she just walk up there as Dallas and not Lexi? Was hoping the fence a good idea? Did it injure her more? What about why happened in the living room? Was Dallas going to let Emilio kiss her? Was Emilio going to kiss Dallas? What was the emergency that Emilio had to leave for? Was it just an excuse to leave? Will it ruin their friendship? Will they look at each other differently?
What will happen next?
Find out in...
I Punched Emilio Martinez
10/4/18