never in a million years

『 you break up with noah because you think he cheated. 』

"noah centineo!"

you and noah have been in a relationship for a little over seven months, with little arguments. it's been great, you love to walk to the park with him in the evening to watch the sunset and cuddle with him on stormy days.

but right now, noah is busy filming for his latest movie and over the weekend a picture of him and another girl has been circulating the internet. the girl in question is gorgeous, and you can see why your boyfriend would like her.

"what's up baby?" noah responds to your shouting casually through the cell phone. he seems calm and collected, like he's got no cares in the world.

"i don't know how to say this but... i'm breaking up with you." you babble, kind of nervous about how he will take this. there is a few minutes silence, and you begin wondering whether the call is dead.

"hello?"

"yes I'm still here." your brunette (ex)boyfriend sighs. "why y/n?" he still seems calm, and you wonder how he always stays in control of situations.

"i saw you! you and that girl together, you absolute ass! noah, i've never cheated and i never will cheat on anyone in my life! you are a selfish bastard and you can go fuck yourself. goodbye."

you hang up the phone before noah can reply and slide down the wall, breathing quickly. tears spring to your eyes as you remember how he used to hold you close and kiss your head; or when you used to decorate the apartment together.

the phone keeps ringing and ringing, but you don't answer, not able to face talking to noah at the moment after what you've seen and heard.

five days later...

for the past few days, all you've done is stay in the apartment, moping around, looking through old photos and crying your eyes out. everything you and noah had is over, disappeared in an instant. gone forever.

without warning, you hear a loud knocking at the door. you are only dressed in your most comfortable pair of underwear and one of noah's hoodies so you don't answer.

"listen, y/n, i know you're in there because you never go anywhere on the weekends and prefer to stay in bed. but we need to talk." it's noah. he sounds apologetic and tired, although his tone is gentle and inviting.

you roll over and sniff loudly, letting him know you're inside. you hear him sigh again and he decides to just unlock the door with his key. it's not like he cares what you're wearing anyway.

as soon as the curly brunette sees you curled up on the bed with mascara stains on your cheeks, his face softens and he sighs, pulling you into his arms.

you try to push him off and back away, not wanting to give him any leverage to make excuses. but he grabs you and pulls you back into his lap. as much as you want to be mad at him, you want to hear his excuse.

"look, baby, that picture isn't what you think it is. the girl already has a boyfriend. me and the lads all went out with the couple that night and it's only the angle of the photo that makes it look like it was only us. sweetheart, i swear on my life, i would never ever cheat on you."

tears well up in your delicate eyes again and you sob endlessly into noah's shirt.

you'd convinced yourself that he cheated because you felt self-conscious and unhappy. you doubted him because you thought you weren't good enough. you're so relieved to realise that he really is loyal and loves you. only you.

"you are so beautiful y/n. i couldn't ask for anyone better." the tall boy smiles, rubbing your back gently and planting kisses all over your head.

"i-i'm sorry noah." you sniff, looking up at him with soft vision. noah smiles down at you fondly, ruffling your hair "i-i just thought that maybe you preferred her over me. after all, she is pretty and i'm nothing special compared to her."

"y/n, don't ever think that about yourself. that girl has nothing on you. you don't ever have to worry about me preferring other girls. it's always going to be you that i want." he assures you, standing up and pulling you up with him, making you fly into his chest.

"where's that gorgeous smile gone?" you finally let out a small giggle and smile as his face lights up. he's relieved that you're no longer miserable. with one deep chuckle, he kisses your lips passionately.

"i love you so much princess."