thunderstorms

『 summary: being comforted by noah during a thunderstorm 』

the only thing on your mind right now, as you dump your bag somewhere on the hallway floor and make your way to the kitchen to make some coffee, is the cozy duvet and entertaining world of netflix waiting to keep you company for the whole evening.

your parents are out on a date, your boyfriend noah is at you're shared apartment finishing some paperwork and your puppy kyah is on an overnight puppy play date with her best friend. the thought of spending your time alone in front of the tv sounds so inviting.

however, the moment the first lightening bolt strikes the ground outside your window, everything goes downhill. ever since you were a little girl, you've been afraid of storms. initially you thought it was just a phase, but apparently that isn't the case because you're still deathly frightened of them.

you make your way back to the hallway, your breaths quickening at the clapping of the thunder cutting through the silence around you. the only place you want to be right now is in your boyfriend's arms, so that's exactly where you're headed with burning desire. noah told you to come home but you decided to stay at your family house, not wanting to dis.

the ten minute drive to your apartment through the pelting rain and flashes of lightening feels like forever, and your lungs seem to have gotten five times smaller at the panic you feel. your only goal is to reach your boyfriend.

racing up the steps to the porch while clutching your head between your hands, you begin banging your fists against the wooden door in the hopes that he isn't showering. the freezing rain is now seeping through your clothes and chilling you to the bone.

without warning, the door swings open and there stands noah, his brunette hair tousled and his bare chest glowing in the light of your apartment. as soon as he sees the state you're in, he reaches out, pulls you into the warmth of his chest and slams the door behind you.

"oh my gosh, baby." noah pulls your shaking form back from the heat of his body and his hands reach up to cup your face, thumbs running gently along your cheekbones. "why didn't you tell me you were coming over so you weren't standing in the rain! what's the matter?"

"t-the storm." you mumble sheepishly, your hands crossing over to rub at your upper arms in an attempt to cease your shivering. a look of realisation appears on the brunette's face, and he leads you into the bedroom without hesitation.

another roar of thunder is heard, a million times louder than the one before it. you accidentally let out a small whimper, shrinking back against the wall as your breathing situation gets worse with every passing moment.

"hey hey hey." noah looks up from his section of the chest of drawers, walking over to pull you into his tanned body once more. you relax slightly at the familiar touch, feeling the boy's fingers rake through your hair. "get changed into this and i'll make you some hot chocolate, sound good?"

you nod gratefully, taking one of his old shirts that he holds out for you. he dips his tufty brunette head down, searching for your lips, and plants a soft kiss on them before disappearing out the doorway.

trying to ignore the storm as best you can, you peel the wet clothes from your body and replace them with noah's fresh ones. the shirt smell of his cologne, which is both comforting and oddly homely. next, you wring your hair out in the bath of your en-suite before joining him in the kitchen.

"hey beautiful." noah smiles at the sight of you wearing his shirt which is five sizes too big, sliding a mug of steaming hot cocoa across the island and rounding it to engulf you in another cuddle. "wanna watch some netflix before i order us some food?"

"mhm yes please." you hum, yawning against the tall boy's chest as you finally feel contented. noah never ceases to comfort you and you'll be forever thankful for the goofy brunette that you call your own. "stranger things?"

your boyfriend agrees wholeheartedly, grabbing your mug of chocolate and leading you to the leather couch in the lounge. he pushes you down onto it gently, before climbing onto it himself and pulling the blanket from the back of the couch to keep you both warm.

"c'mere baby." you cooperate gladly, shuffling over into noah's side and nuzzling your head up against his warm shoulder. your boyfriend chuckles, throwing an arm around your waist. "can you pass the remote, please?"

you obey willingly, handing the television remote to noah. he fiddles around with it for a while before the beginning titles of your favourite show appear on the screen of the tv. the storm is a distant memory now that you're content in an angel's arms.