plus signs

『 summary : telling noah you're pregnant  』

"noah, i need you to come home right now." you sniffle down the phone, trying your best to keep your tone neutral so as not to worry your boyfriend. it's been twenty minutes since you found out about your pregnancy, and you've been crying and ranting at lana ever since.

you called the black-haired girl a while ago complaining of the constant throwing up, and she immediately left her family brunch to buy you a pregnancy test. she's been a close friend of both you and noah for a while now, and you didn't know who else to talk to.

"of course baby, is everything okay?" the curly-brunette is now full of concern at your voice which is thick with tears. he thinks that maybe you're sick and feeling vulnerable... you definitely sound it.

"y-yeah, i think. i-i don't know. i just really need you to come home." you blubber, not really knowing what else to say. you know that noah will drop everything immediately and drive all the way back to your shared apartment after hearing your sobbing. he's always been protective of you, especially when you're sensitive.

"alright, i'm on my way. is anybody there with you?" the boy asks worriedly. you hear the slamming of a metal door through the phone, signalling that he's already in his car. you answer with lana, making him hum approvingly. "okay, get her to stay with you until i'm home, alright?"

you agree, hanging up the phone to allow noah to drive without any distractions. you fall into lana's warm embrace again, letting her hold you in silence. this is first time in forever that silence between the two of you is welcome. you take comfort from the fact that she would never leave you to face this alone.

-

ten minutes later, the sound of noah's car in the driveway and the front door clicking open pulls you from your pity party. lana stayed with you the whole time, reassuring you that your boyfriend's reaction will be positive.

"y/n? where are you baby?" the love of your life calls through the apartment, his footsteps heavy on the wooden flooring. "lana? are you still here? is y/n okay?"

"in here noah!" lana replies for you, her hands gripping your own as she kneels in front of you on the bed. her brown eyes search yours for a moment before your boyfriend enters the room and she stands up. "i'll leave you with noah, okay chick? you'll be fine, i promise." she speaks aloud for a moment before turning to the confused boy. "hear her out, please? she can't go through this alone."

noah is left standing in the center of the room, his dark eyebrows knitted together as he tries to work out what's going on. he walks towards your shaking figure carefully, sitting criss-cross on the bed opposite you.

"thank god you're okay." he sighs in relief once he sees that you have no physical trauma. "want to tell me what's wrong? i'm a little confused right now baby. i can't help you if you don't tell me."

you let out a deep breath, your pretty eyes screwing shut as you try to block out the feeling of dread. you have no clue what the brunette is gonna think? you won't be able to blame him if he doesn't want this, he's only twenty-two. he's got his whole life ahead of him.

"i need to, to tell you something important. b-but you have to promise me you won't get mad. we can talk about it properly." you explain, fiddling with your fingers on your lap.

"okay, i promise i won't get mad. whatever it is, i'm sure we can work it out. go ahead poppet, what is it?" the angel in front of you speaks, his dark curls balanced in a perfectly messy mop on his head. even when he's stressed, he still manages to look gorgeous.

"i-i-" you try to even out your breaths in preparation for the news to be spilled, but your lungs seem to have gotten ten times smaller in the past few seconds.

"woah, hey, hey, hey. breathe y/n. it's okay." noah scoots even closer to you, hooking a single slender finger underneath your chin and tilting your head up to look at him. he grabs your right hand with his free one and unclenches your fist, placing it against his chest so you can feel his heartbeat. "breathe, in, and out. there you go."

you finally breathe normally again, peering nervously into the tall boy's hazel eyes before spurting out what needs to be said in a big jumble. "i'm pregnant, noah."

you watch the chocolate brunette's jaw drop open in shock, and spend the next few seconds trying to work out how he feels. his pupils are dilated, his breathing is hitched and his hand is clutching yours so tightly he might break your bones. your head drops again, fearing the worst.

"y-you're pregnant?" he mumbles under his breath, taking in the unexpected information. "you're pregnant? we're gonna have a baby, baby? oh my god. this is the best day of my life, i'm gonna be a fucking dad!"

at the change in his tone of voice, you glance up in confusion to see the widest, goofiest smile you've ever seen on noah's face. his eyes are sparkling in excitement and his cheeks have sunk into adorable creases next to his mouth. his hands travel up to cup your face as you finally smile too.

"i'm so glad you're happy." you wrap your arms around noah's neck, pulling him in for a hug. you already knew that you wanted kids with him one day, but you never thought it would happen so fast. maybe this won't be too bad after all.

"of course i'm happy! we're going to have our own baby girl or boy! a little mix of both of us. we're gonna have someone besides ourselves and kyah to take care of. we're gonna have a kid to love and cuddle forever. i love you so much." your boyfriend plants kisses all over your face, grinning.

"i'm happy too, as long as we can raise him together." you reply, kissing noah back. he leans away from you for a second, his eyebrows furrowed.

"him? babe, it's totally gonna be a girl. but no matter what they are, i already love them." noah bends down to face your not yet swollen stomach. "i love you, baby centineo. as much as i love your mama. and i'm gonna care for you as long as i live."

thank you for reading!! please vote, comment & share for more updates!!
lots of love.

ellie / ells