eleven | NEW FRIENDS & FOES

Start from the beginning

He then proceeded to pick her up, tucking her under one of his arms, while the other held his gun.

After that, he carried her out to the parking lot, where Jim had run off to, the Zsaszettes following closely behind.

"Jim! I've got someone who's been looking for you here! Just surrender and you can have a nice little family reunion!"

Jim poked his head up, to see what Zsasz was talking about, but it only resulted in a shot being fired in his direction.

"No!" Isabella screamed, flinging herself out of her captors arms and hitting the floor.

Victor was fuming. No one had ever dared to go against him, much less a little girl.

"Go away!" She screeched, as he stepped forward, his grip on the gun getting slowly tighter.

"You're going to regret that."

At that, she scampered away. Victor only watched her. He loved the chase.

He instructed the Zsaszettes to go after Jim, while he went for the girl.

"Sweetheart," he drawled out, looking around the cars for any sight of a ginger blob of hair. "You should know, I'm the best at hide and seek. Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

Isabella whimpered, and Zsasz heard it. But, just to torment her more, he very slowly walked to where she was hiding.

"Hey! What the-?"

A policewoman was shot in both of her legs but one of the Zsaszettes, causing Isabella to realise that Victor was distracted, and make a break for it.

He spotted this, and grabbed her hand, pulling her back towards him.

"No! No! Stop!" She cried, trying to push Zsasz away. He was too strong.

Meanwhile, one of the women spotted Jim, shooting him in the shoulder as he tried to scamper away.

Isabella could only cry sadly as a car pulled up, dragging Jim inside and driving off. He shouted for them to stop, because he wanted to go back for his daughter, but the blood loss quickly made him pass out, into a deep, deep sleep.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

Isabella kept her head down, even when she was addressed.

Victor was holding her hand, against her will, with both of them standing in front of Don Falcone.

The older man was giving Zsasz a slight glare for kidnapping a child, but noticed her fear, so calmed himself down.

He kneeled in front of her, prompting her to lift her head up by placing a finger under her chin.

"It's nice to meet you, little one. I've heard a lot about you."

"I want to go home. My mommy and daddy will be worried," she whined quietly, not wanting to anger him. She had already made Victor shout at her earlier because she had tried to escape again.

"I'm sure they are. Don't worry, your father will be here soon. Victor, can you take her into the kitchen? Make her something to eat. Do you like muffins?"

She smiled widely, nodding her head. Maybe the old man wasn't so bad, after all.

"Okay... I'll go bake some... muffins," Victor sighed. He hoped that no one would find out about this.

〰️〰️〰️〰️

Isabella eagerly bounced in her seat, as Liza brought out the freshly baked food from the oven.

"Those muffins smell good," Victor stated, his eyes on the gorgeous woman. It turned out, Victor had no idea how to bake, so he had to ask for help.

"None for you, creep," Liza shook her head tirelessly, standing in front of the girl. "Do you want one?"

"Yes please!" She exclaimed, before calming herself. She was afraid of what Victor might do if she were too loud.

Liza noted this, and gave her a sad smile, handing her one.

Isabella spotted the hungry look in Victors eyes, although it was pointed at Liza.

"Can he not have one?" She asked, feeling slightly anxious.

Liza huffed, but forced a grin, "Of course."

Before he could grab one, his phone went off, the tune of 'Funkytown' coming out of it.

He answered it, stating right at Isabella as she slowly ate, unaware that her father was in the same building, along with Harvey Bullock, who had become Jim's ally.

"Got it," Victor confirmed, and then turned the phone off. "Come on, ginger."

He took her hand in his own, walking her into the cramped room, where Jim, Falcone, Harvey and Mayor James were all standing.