Chapter 18: I Want to Know You

"Alright, start talking," Renee says, crossing her arms against her chest as she stands in front of Adrienne's cell.

"A deal is a deal," Adrienne grimaces, "as far as I know, Coralyinn is still in Winter. Her next target is in Summer. Her name is Tsukumi Shoyou. She's a...vigilante...of sorts."

"Tsukumi," Shitau breathes out and Kaltrina shifts around uncomfortably.

"You know her?" Reine asks Shitau, turning to face him, "she is a part of my chain."

"Tsukumi is my best friend," Shitau says sadly, his eyes flickering down to the ground, "our parents used to take us to Summer every year for three months on vacation. Kaltrina and I would hang out with her each year during the festival season."

"How long do we have?" Renee asks.

"I don't know," Adrienne shrugs boredly.

"Oh, bull--" Renee starts.

"We don't have long," Dimitri interrupts, "Winter is almost done for. She'll be after her targets. She may already have someone out doing her work for her."

"We should hurry then," Aislinn states.

"We'll leave tonight," Reine says, whirling around and walking towards her house.

"Where are you going?" Nathan calls out after her.

"I am preparing to leave," Reine answers simply, "something you should be doing too."

"What about Adrienne?" Nathan asks.

"I'll handle it," Dimitri sighs.

"I'll help," Ciana offers and Dimitri nods.

"Wait, what are you guys gonna do?" Melantha asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'd like to know the answer to that question too," Adrienne narrows her eyes at Dimitri.

"I'm going to send her to a special war prison made for Iegashyias," Dimitri explains, glancing over at Melantha, "I'll need Aislinn's assistance as well."

"Glad to help," Aislinn bows her head slightly, summoning her longsword and unsheathing it before slashing a long diagonal cut through the air and sheathing her weapon once more.

A black and dark blue colored portal with silver energy surrounding it forms in the air and floats there, where a giant white cell room can be seen on the other side.

"Wait, you can't possibly expect to trap me in there?" Adrienne laughs as Dimitri opens the cell door.

"I do and I will," Dimitri states, grabbing ahold of Adrienne's left arm while Ciana grabs the right and the two haul her out of the cell.

They quickly throw the protesting Adrienne through the portal Aislinn made before she can regain her powers and the portal closes. Everyone slowly begins to go back inside and as I walk towards the house, I glance up in the sky to see a crow flying off. I shrug the ominous feeling off and slide the front door open, stepping inside.

"You know, it's festival season again..." Shitau trails off from behind me.

"Yeah?" Kaltrina says.

"I wonder if it's as pretty as it always was over there," Shitau smiles sadly.

"You won't know until you get there," Renji adds, "but I've heard the festivals are beautiful."

Ciana and Aislinn head to where they're lodging in order to pack their things as the rest of us roam around the house, packing and sorting. I smile sadly as I watch the others enjoying the time they have together-- Renee, Renji, Shitau, and Kaltrina all shuffling around in the kitchen and talking while Nathan and Melantha head to our room. I glance down the opposite hallway to spot Reine standing outside a closed door that's next to hers and I walk over to her, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.