˚☆★˚ * ˚☆★

"Renjun, baby. I'm so sorry." Jungsoon's lips protruded in a sulky pout at the sight of her best friend laying on the bed with his broken foot elevated.

"Why are you apologizing?" He grinned, despite the amount of pain he was going through.

"For leaving you alone with those fucking dumbasses," Jungsoon replied, shaking her head before pointing at the boys—who were already playing video games in Renjun's room.

"It's not your fault, Soonie," He countered, yet Jungsoon still felt her stomach churn with guilt.

"Guys, I got the job!" Renjun suddenly exclaimed.

"Really?! Injun, that's amazing!" Jungsoon exclaimed, enthusiasm emanating from her as a huge smile transformed her face.

"Joonie, Nana doesn't know how to revive. We're screwed without you," Felix complained and pouted at Jungsoon, which she rolled her eyes at.

"Hey!" Jaemin frowned, offended by Felix's words.

"Jaem, I love you bro, but you suck at this game," Eric told him honestly. "Jungsoon, please switch with Jaemin."

"So, when do you start working?" Seungmin asked Renjun, ignoring the bickering boys in the back. He made space for himself on Renjun's bed before laying beside him.

"Next week," He replied. "Do you know if Sunwoo got the job too?" Jungsoon asked.

"Oh shit, I completely forgot that the point guard guy applied too," Felix said from where he was seated—not bothering to glance at the three who were having the conversation.

"I'm not too sure. I don't start working until next week as a cashier. My foot's broken so I can't be a waiter," Renjun paused, glaring at Felix—who returned an innocent smile.

"They probably hired him as a waiter, but we'll just have to wait and see," Renjun shrugged.

"Injun as a... cashier?" Seungmin raised an eyebrow. "You suck at math, though."

Renjun narrowed his eyes. "I'm not the one that does the math. It's the cash register, you asshole," He defended.

"So, you're coming back to school tomorrow?" Jungsoon asked as she unconsciously played with the rings on Renjun's fingers.

He nodded, giving her a small smile. "My mom didn't want me having trouble with the crutches at school, so she insisted that I stay home to practice," He explained. Seungmin and Jungsoon nodded in sync as they listened to him.

"I gotta go," Felix spoke up, gathering his belongings which included his backpack and hoodie. "I'll see you asses at school tomorrow, yeah?" He told them before making his way out of Renjun's bedroom.

"Where you going!" Eric yelled, meanwhile the sound of Felix's footsteps were distinct as he made his way downstairs.

"I'm meeting up with Changbin-hyung to write a stupid lab report for my chemistry class!" Felix yelled in response from downstairs.

"Bye, Mrs. Huang!" Is the last thing that's heard from Felix, which is then followed by the sound of a door being shut.

"That's right. We need to work on that too," Jungsoon frowned.

"I have it written down already. I worked on it earlier. We just need to type it out," Seungmin assured her, a small smile playing at his lips.

"Minnie, you're the best~" Jaemin commented cutely.

Seungmin shrugged. "I know."

"I should get going too, guys," Eric announced. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and gripped onto one of the straps with one hand.

"How come?" Jungsoon frowned at him, her face sulky.

"No! Eric can't you keep me company a little longer?" Renjun whined, a frown on his pouty lips.

"I'd stay, but I promised Kevin-hyung I would actually show up today," Eric chuckled.

"Which ones? Your english friends? The skater dudes?" Jaemin asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah, them! They're supposed to introduce me to some other guys," He shrugged nonchalantly as he grabbed his skateboard from the spot he had placed it in and fixed the beanie on his head.

"So, what you're saying is... You're ditching meyour best friend—to meet up with my brother?" Jungsoon asked, knowing Mark was a part of that group of boys. She faked a sniffle.

"Oh, joonie. Baby," Eric said with a playful tone. "Don't think of it like that, alright?" He consoled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He planted a kiss on her temple and did the same to Jaemin on his way to the door.

"See you guys," Eric dismissed himself and lifted his hand to fist bump Renjun and Seungmin before finally closing the door behind him.