Last Name Basis

"Hey! It's been a long time since we've seen each other, I guess," I said, getting shy.

He looked at me confused."Actually, I don't ever remember seeing you. Who are you?" he said apologetically. Then he looked at me again. "Actually, I think I do know you. You're Jenn's best friend, right? She talks about you a lot, and you sound like an amazing person. I'm so glad to meet you!"

He didn't really remember who I was. I mean he knew who I was, yet he didn't. I felt a little bit heartbroken, but at least he was pretty nice to me, unlike some douchebag who would treat the girl like she had lost her mind.

"Yeah, actually I am. I'm Elli," I said slowly, not sure about what I should even tell him. "I'm also the girl you danced with at the party a few weeks ago."

He was quiet for awhile until he finally remembered. 

"Oh yeah! I'm sorry, I'm an idiot. Of course I remember sorry about that...just was a little too drunk that night..." he said, trailing off. I don't think he actually remembered me.

"You don't remember me." I said bluntly. This was just great. Something inside of me felt like he could be the one. But it was probably too late. He didn't remember any of the feelings we had.

"Okay, yes. I'm sorry, I'm not good with alcohol." He was trying to apologize, but I really had no hope for us.

Honestly, I don't know why I thought we would work. Why was I so hopeful for love all the sudden? That wasn't who I am. I don't believe in fate or perfection or love or whatever it was that I started believing in now.

This boy, whom I barely know, was doing something to me. 

I felt like I needed to leave, but I didn't want to. Jack looked like he wasn't done saying what he wanted to yet either.

"But...just because I don't remember doesn't mean we can't be, um, friends, right?" 

I smiled at him. At least he wanted to try being friends. I'd be okay with that.

"Yeah. Sorry, I just tho-," I replied, getting cut off by him.

"It's fine. It's honestly stupid that I didn;t remember you. But now we can at least get to know each other on a last name basis."

I nodded and we sat down on the couch, talking for hours. I actually got to know him very well. I guess getting to know each other on a "last name basis" actually meant something, because he doesn't really share his last name on the internet very often. 

All the sudden, I was happy that Jenn forced me to hang out with her Youtube friends.

Hey! Nothing new today, so maybe comment something you want to happen in this story? Short a/n today :) if you could even call this an a/n.