Lost Trauma

"What about you?"

"Sh*t"

-----------

The black haired male sneered. "Hah?"

Rain Water rolled his eyes (he probably strained them from so much exercise during this conversation). "How. Can I. trust you? Blondie's fine, but you're made of carbon."

Static.

"That question. I heard that question before!"  Greed's vision oscillated just like it did at the bonfire. "But...where?"  

Greed was vaguely aware of the blonde answering in his place when a memory hit him like a freight train.

Static

"H-how can I trust you? Y-you're made of carbon!"

It was a teenager. A pale, thin boy behind open bars holding his mangy tail. His gaze kept flickering to the main door, obviously trying to figure out an escape like the rest in the dingy lab. Greed felt his lips break into an ear-splitting grin, his fluffy coat bouncing at his laughter.

"Listen up, you pathetic lot! I'm the guy who's getting you outta here. My name's Greed. Now, you hear those explosions? The military's coming in soon, so you have a choice: either join me and be mine, or stay and die. Just remember, whichever you choose," he turned back around, eyes skimming over the boy, "you're mine forever!"

Boom!

Static.

Another memory fused into the first ones place. This time, they were in a cellar setting up beds with a few other chimeras. Greed was bored. To pass the time, he was pestering the closest chimera: the thin, lanky kid.

"Man, you're so pale. What did they fuse you with anyways!"

"Snow leopard."

"Ah? Tell me more~. "

"...Said it was rare that I made it out mostly human."

"Hey hey hey~! Skinny can say a sentence!"

An eye roll.

"Tch. I'm not stupid."

"Hump. Interesting. Never would have guessed. So, you like snow?"

"...I like snowflakes."

"What!!!???!!! Really?" That caused the kid to blush, his malnourished face doing nothing to conceal it.

"H-hey! They're really cool! They're so small, a-and beautiful and, a-and...And my mom! She told me that no two are the same! ..." The boy's face sunk. "I wish I could see her again... she could show me some with her micro...uh ... microsss-um... mycross?-no....tch! What's it called! "

"Microscope?"

"Yeah! That!"

"You sure you're not a little empty up there?"

"Grrrrrr..."

"Kidding! Kidding!" Greed looked up at the pealing ceiling, thinking. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers.

"Well, can't help with your mom, but~," he smirked plottingly, "if we can get this place off its feet, a microscope will be cheap as grass!"

The boy's eyes sparkled. "...Ya mean it, boss?"

With a teasing, but sincere grin, Greed's answer made Kota cringe.

"Sure thing, Snowflake~!"

Static

Greed's eyes widened. That was it. That was a clue. A strange one, but a clue nonetheless.

"...Snowflake..."