The Truth

Lucy P.O.V

          "Natsu? What are you doing here?" I asked as I opened my front door. He smiled at me, but it wasn't a happy bright smile.

          "Hey Luce." He greeted, walking inside.

          "Natsu, what's wrong?" I asked, shutting the door behind me. We walked out of the foyer and into the living room. Natsu took a seat and patted the cushion next to him, telling me to sit.

          I hesitantly took the seat next to him. "Natsu, please tell me what's going on. You're really worrying me." I said with a concerned tone.

          "Look Lucy, I need to tell you something and its pretty important." Natsu told me, avoiding all eye contact.

          "Um... Okay, please continue." I pushed on the conversation. He looked at me with his sad eyes.

          "Okay, I don't know exactly how you're going to take this, but I have to tell you..." Natsu paused and buried his face in his hands.

           "So at the beginning, when we were first paired together, there was something my mom told me. It was the reason I had to get you to like me. My mom told me that, my family was cursed and if I didnt get you to like me by a certain time, I would die. But-" Natsu. He used me. For his own sake.

          "Get out." I said quickly and quietly holding back my tears.

          "Lucy, I-"

          "Get. Out." I said louder and more aggressive.

          I stood from my seat and pointed towards the door. When he wouldn't move, tears began streaming down my face and I started repeatedly shouting, 'Get Out'. He sadly walked away towards the door and I followed.

          I harshly shut the door after Natsu left. I feel on my hands and knees and cried. Natsu didn't love me. He only wanted to not die. How could I have been so stupid.

          My mom soon came rushing down the stairs. "Lucy!" She ran over to me and picked me up off of the floor. I hugged her tightly. My head was rested in between her neck and shoulder.

          "Princess, what happened?" She asked in a soothing tone.

          I stepped away from her hug and looked at her, straight in the eye. "Natsu... He used me. He never loved me. He only wanted to save his own life."

          "And he told you this?" Asked Mom.

          "Well he told me the part about dying if I didn't love him by a certain time." I admitted. "I couldn't listen to the rest of what he had to say."

          "Lucy, dear. You can't just make assumptions that he doesn't love you. I know you're sad. Give it some time and talk to him." She told me.

          I looked into her beautiful kind brown eyes. She always knew what to say. I hugged her again and said, "Thanks mom." I pulled away, and headed upstairs.

Natsu P.O.V

          "Lushhee,  pwease." I muffled into my pillow. I layed flat out on my bed, with my face deep into my pillow. How did I know she would take it like that?

          "Natsu~" Wendy peaked her head in as she opened my door. I didn't move my head up or anything. Because, honestly, I cried a bit. Lucy's reaction and facial expression hurt me. She didn't let me tell her that I actually loved her.

          "What?" I again muffled into my pillow.

          "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked sitting on the edge of my bed.

          "Talk about what?" I lifted my head, my eyes do dry.

          "Don't act like I'm stupid Natsu. I know something happened with Lucy. I can also tell that you've been crying. Now do you want to talk about it or sit here like a baby and cry?" When did she become so aggressive.

          "Talk." I sighed looking away.

          "Good." She smiled and sat next to me with her legs crossed. "So what exactly happened?"

          "I just told her the truth and she got really mad at me and yelled at me to get out." I covered my face with hands.

          "What did you tell her?" Wendy questioned, pushing some of her long blue hair behind her ear.

          "Why I agreed to be with her the first time." I told her.

          "Wait wait wait wait. What exactly did you tell her?" Wendy grabbed my cheeks with her hands and stared intently in to my eyes.

          I told her what I said. Everything about how I would die if she didn't love me by a certain time. Yeah yeah, you know.

          "Natsu, you idiot!" Wendy jumped off my bed and rubbed the sides of her forehead.

          "Yeah, Wendy. Great job making me feel better." I gave her a sarcastic tone and rolled my eyes.

          "Mom specifically told you not to tell her that!" She yelled at me.

          "But I love her!" I exploded. My and her eyes widened at my sudden outburst. But, I took a deep breathe and embraced the feels.

          "I love her and I don't want to keep anything from her." I said more calmly.

          "One, that was really cute. Two, you are sooo difficult." Wendy sighed.

          Wendy and I both started laughing. The tension in the room needed to be lifted, so why not do that by laughter.

          "Did you atleast tell her how you actually felt?" Wendy questioned, sitting back on my bed.

          "No, she yelled at me before I could." I explained. Wendy nodded up and down, thinking of something.

          "Well, that's something your going to have to do." She stood up from my bed again and put her hands on her hips. "You do that, and I promise she will forgive you."

          With that, Wendy exited my room. I lay my back flat on my bed and stare at the plain white ceiling. Thanks, Wendy. I thought in my head.

          Now, how to figure out to get Lucy to listen to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyy. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Guys, I am officially an 8th grader, since tuesday.

Im sorry if you are waiting for my Gruvia story to be updated. Im just trying to figure out how to work out the fight seen.

Well, its currently 12:50 am as I am writing this, so I am going to sleep now.

Thank you for reading this chapter. Vote, Comment, Follow me.

I Lovvvee You So Much! Byyee!

~KaraMendez