Chapter 41

Gif for the chapter:

Mac POV

My whole body ached already. My head and chest pounded while my legs felt as tight as a rubber band.

I worked all year for this, it was time to pay it off. We had a solid lead going into the fourth, but I knew none of us were going to slack off.

We all went as hard as we could the whole quarter, and Lee slowly gave up.

The final buzzer sounded and the whole team came together in celebration. 

"Final score, Lee High 65, Gate City 80" The announcer told the arena.

"Hey man, we won for our city! Let's go! Family on three!" I shouted and we broke. 

Videographers and photographers crowded us like a paparazzi as we celebrated and took pictures. A man handed me the game ball and recognized the 2,801 points I scored in my career.

 The assistant coaches helped me find my parents in the stand. When I found them they had large smiles plastered on their face as we made eye contact. I pretended to launch the ball up to my dad and threw a thumbs up high in the air. 

Coach cut down the net and we headed back into the locker room. "Boys, we just won a state championship!" he declared.

We all got excited once again before heading back home. 

Alexis POV

 I remember at the beginning of the year I wanted nothing to do with him, just because of Zac. He was as persistent as a dog, and I found myself being drawn closer to him every day.  

My eyes slowly watered as he carried the trophy to mid-court and showed it off to the fans.

I didn't think about our future. Technically we aren't committed to each other. Right?

@bluedevilslive 

Meet in front of the gym to greet the boys coming back from Richmond!

The bus will arrive in approximately 1.5 hrs!

I changed into warm clothes and drove over to the school after time passed.

I pulled into the parking lot and it was full of life. A large group of people stood outside the gym doors smiling and looking joyful.

I joined the body and waited until we could hear the faint sound of several sirens and a bus horn. The crowd erupted with cheer as it all slowly turned into the parking lot. 

The boys started hopping their way off the bus. My eyed widened and I started shoving my way to the front of the crowd. 

He took a step off the bus after two or three other guys came off. Greeted by shouts and whistles of approval, they were all moving quickly into the school so I put more effort trying to wedge my way through the people. 

I almost missed him until I was able to grab his forearm and he spun around. 

"You come here often?" I smiled and tilted my head. 

"You don't look so bad yourself" He grinned. 

"Andrew look!" I heard from inside the bus. The dark skinned boy stuck his head out of the charter bus's window.

"Aww yeah Mac! I knew you had a girl!" 

I turned back around to face Mac. 

"Look at us... we are basically a couple already" He acknowledged my arms that I wasn't aware had found their way around his neck. His hands were placed on my lower back.  

I let out an awkward chuckle and glanced around the crowd that was still celebrating, but some had their attention fixed on us. 

I made eye contact back with him again and his eyes were glowing as he drew his lower lip between his teeth. Instantly, I got that familiar feeling of my legs not being able to hold me up, and my stomach churned while my surroundings went silent. 

"The problem is," he said as he leaned in, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop."

This time as our lips connected, it didn't feel wrong. It was a satisfaction I knew I had been craving for a while. 

Mac POV: 

  The warmth and smoothness of her lips caused a shiver to go down my entire body that she didn't allow to happen last time. She placed her hand gently on the back of my head stroking my short hair, taking in the moment. 

My fingers accidentally sneaked under her shirt and she pulled away and grabbed my arm; breaking the kiss as I could hear the crowd and everything around me again. 

I looked back at her and she smiled widely before placing another quick kiss and grabbing my hand to head inside. 

"You don't understand how much I enjoyed that" I whispered into her ear.

"Me too."

I FINALLY GOT TO WRITE THE CHAPTER I'VE BEEN PLANNING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS BOOK!:)))))

Please don't forget to vote & please comment!