Chapter 37

March 2
8:13 PM

"Mac there was some talk this year, you said you don't care about the records and all that, you just wanted to come to Richmond, and win a state championship. Can you reflect on the season and what this means to you?"

Zac, Coach and I sat in the press conference after our 80-65 win over Radford.

"You know it's- I feel like I'm gonna enjoy this, but after a day or two, imma be on to the next thing. There's a lot of things to prove in my life and I have that chip on my shoulder".

"Zac what does it mean to you to be part of history in Gate City?" A different reporter moved on to Zac.

"I mean, it's incredible, ever since I was a little kid I've been around this program and Y'know, I remember watching my brother play in the state championship game and him losing that. So I knew that's all I wanted- to win a state title" he replied.

Alexis POV

I was pissed.

Coach changed his mind and didn't let us go to the game.

I stood on the field tapping my foot while Mac was playing in a game. I had no idea how they were doing, and it was killing me.

"Lex! You're on!" Coach shouted getting me out of my head.

Once practice was over I sprinted into the locker room and immediately got on my phone.

Gate City- 76
Radford- 52

I took a sigh of relief and walked out to my car.

Alexis: Call me after your game.
I texted Mac.

I drove home and finished what homework I had. As I was laying in bed my screen froze and started buzzing from the call.

"How'd you do?" I beamed.

"Slight work" Zac came into the frame and flexed his arms.

"Oh shit is that the girl?!" A kid I knew as Andrew came up close to the screen.

A wave of commotion started through the call and i could tell Mac was running.

"Yo- Lex, I gotta go" Mac said through quick breaths.

I giggled and he smiled as he ended the call.

The girl? I continued to smile at the screen.

Yall I'm inactive af but I swear I'm trying

Pls vote!🤗