Chapter 22

Mac POV
5:47 PM

Jogging to the back of the warm up line I glanced into the crowd and made eye contact with Alexis. I glared at her for a few seconds before turning back towards the goal.

The game started and Zac tipped the ball forwards to Bradley which he zipped a pass to myself right under the goal.

The game was an easy win like last time. But Zac and I's chemistry was off.

"Aye man what was that are we not passin anymore or something?" Zac confronted me as I stuffed my shoes in a bag.

"Chill out" I muttered in response.

"Whaddya mean chill out bro? You're acting like a complete asshole right now" He raised out his long arms.

I didn't reply to him and placed an earbud in as I tried walking away.

"Bro what the fuck-" He shoved me in the back causing me stumble forward.

"Fuckin touch me again I swear to god I'll rock your shit" I turned around to face him.

"Huh? What are you gonna do little 6'2 bastard?" He mocked.

I tried turning back around.

"Hey I'm fucking talking to you" Zac slapped me in the back of the head.

Not even a moment later I threw a stern blow to his cheekbone, just missing the eye.

My knuckle immediately throbbed with pain as blood started to seep through the bandage again. Zac just stood there holding the side of his face, so I grabbed a lukewarm ice pack from Coach's bag and tossed it at him before walking out.

Before I stepped out of the building Alexis found me.

"Hey Good game" She commented.

"Yeah thanks" I walked past her.

"Can we talk?" Her voice sounded desperate and weak.

"Nah... I'm good" I continued over to my car.

She watched me get into my car and eventually walked off before I left the school.

I took a deep breath and rested my head on the head of the car seat.

"Why does she like him again?" I asked myself.

It was hard falling asleep that night. Partly because of my hand throbbing all night, but also my mind couldn't stay clear.

Why did she take him back so fast?

Am I overreacting?

What if I can still fix it?

Thank y'all so much for the recent love on the chapters! It makes me super happy😁