Chapter 26: Think

"WHAT THE HELL!?"

Liam, clutching his head in his hands, paced frantically about the room shouting profanities along with his thoughts.

Zayn was hyperventilating up against the wall and I just took it all in. How was I meant to explain what had happened when I wasn't entirely sure of it myself.

I could feel the tears pricking at my eyes. I just witnessed the kidnapping of my best friends in the world, it really only seemed reasonable to cry, but here's the thing, Louis Tomlinson does not cry! I don't know why I just feel like I'm too manly to anyway.

My thoughts were like one big jumble of letters, and words, like when you twist up your earbuds cord and it's impossible to untangle. I guess you could say I was attempting to "untangle" my thoughts but that's hard when you find out your friends are like supernatural creatures or something. I began naming off items that had been established previously as a way of calming down but without prevail, it was like my mind was on hyperdrive and I couldn't seem to slow it down. Those were Harry's captors.....he's still a hybrid.....thats's Mr. Seneca...Niall's one of them?.......where were they taken?.... are they going to die?.....Niall's one of them...

I couldn't seem to get off the idea of Niall being like Harry. I understood from the few minutes he was here that he was what was called a shapeshifter, not a hybrid. So what does that mean? What's the difference? Can he turn into different humans? Just animals? Both? I wasn't going to worry about the details but you could imagine how I felt about finding out he's kept this life threatening secret all these years.

I was suddenly interrupted by the sharp shout of my name.

"LOUIS!"

I jerked up and Liam came stalking up me his expression, a deep creased frown, I could almost see the steam coming out of his ears.

"What the hell happened here and don't you dare lie to me!"

I shook my head. "What makes you think I would know!?"

"I saw Harry back there, he looked directly at you when Niall- well, whatever that was."

I nodded. "Harry did tell me. I think I have a basic understanding of what happened. But believe me, I'm still trying to figure it all out myself." I held my hands up in defense.

"Tell me then!" Liam shouted. He wasn't taking no for an answer.

I sighed. "Get Zayn to calm down and I'll tell you everything back at my place. This room is giving me the creeps"

Liam gave me an uncomfortable stare before walking over to the still hyperventilating Zayn.

The drive home was one of the quietest drives in my life. The sun had set in the time Niall and Harry were taken and the moon cast erie shadows on the street. The tension was another element I had noticed. The other two boys were too mortified to say anything, and I felt if I tried to crack a joke it would only make things worse but I was one of those people who was not a fan of tension in difficult situations.

"Don't you love midnight drives?" I asked pulling into my car park. Zayn didn't say a word and Liam gave me nothing more than a glance.

This was going to be a long night. I thought.

...

Zayn sat perched on the arm of my couch his brow furrowed in a thick black line.

"Let me get this straight, Harry is a hybrid? and those people were taking him because he escaped their hell hole?"

I nodded from my seat on the floor. "I think, Niall was once upon a time at the prison as well judging by his whole wolf stunt."

Liam jumped in from the kitchen. "So where exactly is this prison?" he joined us in the living room with a tall glass of water.

I shrugged. "That's a detail that's still a little hazy. I mean Harry mentioned the entrance being in like the side of an old boat or something but that seems impossible. London is pretty much landlocked and the nearest water is a quite a drive. Where is there a boat in the middle of London?"

"I mean there's the River Thames, and St James Park. They probably have paddle boats." Zayn murmured.

"Zayn get real." Liam replied. "I doubt an entrance to an underground hell prison would be in the side of a paddle boat."

We sat in silence deep in thought. My head snapped up in realization.

"HMS BELFAST!" I shouted looking at the boy's confused faces.

"What is HMS Belfast?" Liam asked.

"When I was little my family took a trip to London and we visited it. It's near the River and it's got all these ships on display that you can walk around in, and if Harry's saying the entrance is in the side of a ship near London, that museum or whatever it is, is our best bet!"

"Louis, you for once might've just shown a spark of brilliance." Liam replied mockingly. I returned his comment with a creased frown.

"Okay we have a theory, but are you guys actually considering finding this place and attempting to save Harry and Niall?" Zayn asked like I was crazy.

"It was a consideration." I answered.

Zayn continued.

"Okay, so say we find this place. What then? You saw those guys! They have guns! that guy tied Harry up! I don't think they'll let us waltz in there and take Harry and Niall. I'm sorry Louis but I like my life. You're crazy."

Liam turned his attention to me once again. "You're actually considering this?"

"Yes..no! I don't know!! I just feel like we have to try."

"Try!? Louis we could die!!" Zayn shouted.

"But they will!!" I shouted back. "If nothing is done they will die and it'll be all our fault!"

"How is it instantly our fault?!" Zayn stood abruptly from the couch so he could face me.

"Zayn! this is some government secret prison we're talking about! I bet we are possibly the only ones in the world who know about it. Think about if we don't do anything and we let them die then we are the only ones who know and saw them get taken and could've done something about it."

Liam sighed pulling his hand from his eyes. "I can't believe I'm saying this but Louis' right. We have the advantage here, Harry told you about this place so we have somewhat of an idea of what we're dealing with but I'm still skeptical about the whole thing, I mean at the same time we could die but," he paused sucking in his cheeks "I think we should try."

Zayn looked between the two of us his eyes wide. "You guys are insane! Don't get me wrong I love those boys but oh my god c'mon! This is a life or death situation!"

I nodded. "I know it is Zayn, I'm scaring the shit out me just saying this but it don't think I could live with myself knowing that we possibly could've done something. And just think about Harry's situation he came from nothing and we gave him another chance, another chance at life! I think he doesn't deserve any more time down there."

Zayn looked me over and muttered through his teeth. "I'm really gonna regret this." He looked up "Okay I'm in, but I refuse to do anything until we get the police involved."

I smiled. "Deal"

OMG I updated! so how'd you guys like the chapter? let me know! I know this wasn't like actiony and stuff but hey it's something and it's important! so what are they gonna do!? what will happen?! Tell me your predictions down there in the comments and I'll see ya soon!

- Megz X x