Chapter 11: Two New Faces

~Ivan~

Since Harry left, security around here is tighter than it ever has been before. Guards are on patrol constantly. They've even replaced all the locks on all the doors with brand new shiny, stainless steal ones. I also would say all the guards have gotten nastier, and meaner. The number of beatings have gone up. The number of food has gone down. The number of misery has gone up immensely. Everything has gotten worse, simply put.

Mckinley has been working his ass off trying to figure out where Harry had gone. In fact, I think the whole ordeal is driving him mentally insane. He kind of walks down the hall now with this crazed look in his eyes, like a zombie on drugs. When ever he passes by you can always hear him mumbling 'the piece of shit dies' over and over again. Always on repeat. He scares me more than he ever had now.

But the worst is Mr. Seneca. That guy is a heartless monster. And I know. Mr. Seneca and me had a "meeting" this week. And now, I pray for Harry's safety more than ever.

It began when Amberly awoke with a blood curdling scream in the middle of the night.

"Amberly!" I whispered as she cried violently. "Amberly it was just a dream." I wished desperately that I could embrace her and calm her

down, but I couldn't. There was a wall between us and there was nothing I could do about it.

"They caught him!" She screamed.

"Wait, who?" I asked.

"They caught him! And they killed him! It was so bloody!" I couldn't see her but I could tell she was shaking. And I could tell she had her face buried in her hands. And I could tell she was talking about Harry.

"It's okay, you were dreaming." I cooed.

"Ivan?"

"Yes."

"What if they do catch him? They-, they-, they'll kill him."

I sucked in a deep breath as images of the poor boy flashed across my mind. He fell to the ground screaming as the crack of the whip hit his bare back exposing his flesh. Blood seeped out as Harry lay on the floor sobbing. Fear struck in his usually beautiful green eyes. But in my mind they were dull, and lifeless.

I shook my head roughly to get the horrible visions from my mind.

'No!' I thought. 'Harry was going to be ok.' But deep down I couldn't help but think maybe my vision would come true.

Just then a guard came to stand firmly in front of my cell. I looked upwards at him, scoffing under my breath.

"Mr. Seneca wishes to see you." Said the guard.

I stood. Compared to Harry, I was a lot more easy going. When the guards messed with us, I shut up. Harry cursed and screamed at them. When I felt sorry for myself or anything else having to do with my miserable life, I cried and stayed put. Harry escapes. At times I wonder how we even became friends in the first place. We're polar opposites. But I guess it just all works out fine and dandy in the end don't it? Well, maybe not in my situation.

The guard pulled me out of the cell far more roughly than he would a few weeks ago, And he shoved me in the direction we were meant to be moving. I twisted my wrists nervously in the handcuffs as we walked. No one said a word. Not even the people around us. As I glanced in cells I noticed how everyone was so quiet. They all just sat in the corners. I guess all the excitement was over. And now we were back to waiting. Finally after what seemed like twenty five minutes we came to the large doors with Mr. Seneca's office beyond it.

Now, I hadn't actually ever been in his office. Which means I'm quite lucky. You don't want to be sent for questioning simply because it means you stepped out of line or something like that. For me, I think he found out.