11

The girl

He carefully led me through the dingy stairs, my heels clicked on the empty halls.

I wasn't used to wear such high heels. If he hadn't held my hand, I would have fell in to the floor.

My gown brushed to the floor as we walked to the long corridor into a gigantic banquet hall.

My breath stilled in my lungs when I saw what waited for me.

The place packed with a crowd of beautiful women and handsome men.

All eyes turned to us as we walked in. There were curious stares and whispers hummed around the people.

The room was decorated in modern style, entirely different from other rooms i had seen. Most of the space in the room were wrapped in floral decoration. The warm light bouncing off the walls creates a pleasant ambience around the area.

He had his fingers entwined in mine as we walked down the aisle. I looked at his hand and stared into his eyes. His expression was unreadable. He fixed his gaze on the front.

Are we going to exchange the vows?

No
It can't be happening.

He didn't even ask my permission.

Please.. somebody stops this.

Something tight and wild was unwinding in my belly. I gritted my teeth and My grip on his hand tightened.

"You alright?" He whispered into my left ear.
I gulped and nodded even though I wasn't entirely sure.

No I wasn't.

We stopped at the front space bringing everyone's attention on us.

He released my hand, causing me lose the warmth in his touch. I restrained myself from holding them back again. 

My face dropped and I obviously know that he had noticed it too. I wanted him to hold my hand forever, never leaving them.

Crazy as it sounded.

I wanted his touch. 

I had already drawn into his touch. I knew it sounded more like an absurd. But I didn't care about anything else. I liked the feel of my hand in his.

Damn you boy, you got me feening.

With a sigh, I pressed my hands together.

"Master," The people gathered around the room bowed their head at him.

"I hope all you knew my purpose behind this gathering," He announced in his deep voice.

"Yes, Master," They hollered in unison.

"This is Kim aeri," He stared at me for a moment. I felt him taking a deep breath before continued. "I knew you all were having difficulty in dealing with a human, but I won't allow any harms against her. Clear?" His tone was dangerous.

Chills rose on my skin from the finality of his words. I looked away, blushing.

"Yes, Master," Everyone hollered and nodded again.

He introduced to me to the important people that I needed to know.

After the necessity introduction everyone settled on their respective table with wine glasses, prepared for them.

"So that's it," I said, taking a deep audible sigh of relief. I've officially made myself an absolute wreck now that I'd almost freaked out for no real reason.

"You are too young to be getting married," He chuckled. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Five seconds ago he seemed serious and dangerous and now, he seems to be an easy-going person.

"You joke around too much," I snorted, folding my arms over my chest.

"Isn't that good?" He smirked, shifting his body towards me.

I opened my mouth to say something in return but interrupted by a girl.

She was in her early twenties, a tall, thin, curvy girl with platinum blond hair hanging past her thin waistline. Her brown eyes painted in black mascara and lips coated with dark red lipstick. She wore a strapless black gown showing off her cleavage.

She was dangerously appealing.

"Oh, Lara," He grinned widely, his eyes flickered.

She walked up to him with a wide grin on her face showing how happy she was to meet him. She stood beside him linking her arm on his.

What a clingy bitch.

She didn't even acknowledge my presence.

I stood in stunned silence beside them not knowing what to do like crushed.

I felt like a sideline friend.

Oh god, this is too awkward.

And all of a sudden she kissed him on the cheek like it's an easy thing to do.

How dare she?

I choked, covering it by clearing throat when they looked at me with those curious eyes.

"Itchy throat," I said with a fake smile.
"Excuse me," I excused myself and walked away from them.

I didn't want to see them flirting in front of me. Ugh, I didn't know why but It hurts like hell.

Seeing him with that girl had me feeling some type of way.

But why?

I wondered if I was going crazy.

***********

What do you think about this chapter?

Share your thoughts~

Vote if you like^^