8

Drifting away

I could smell that familiar thick scent again, my eyes still closed. But slowly, as the fog of sleep began to drift away I opened my eyes. Then I remembered the whole thing.

The woods. The stranger. The cold touch.

I looked around the room. I had no way of knowing how long I'd been unconscious.

Crap.

How I ended up in the same room?

That man, he wasn't normal. He looked suspicious and what I had heard was just total drivel and rubbish. There must be a way to get out of here.

I moved my body slowly remembering the pain in my legs as I sat up. But to my surprise, I no longer feel the pain in my legs. I examined my legs and shocked to see those red bruises were disappeared.

What the heck is going on?

There was a soft knock at the door and then it opened.

Two beautiful girls in their black uniforms, each had huge boxes in their hands, stepped in.

They stopped a few meters away from the bed and bowed at me in respect.

Their actions were too slow and polite.

Who are these girls and why they are acting like this way towards me?

I nodded, not knowing what else to do.

They placed the huge boxes on the top of a dark rich wooden table against the wall. 

"Master told us to deliver these to you," One girl who had a long black wavy hair said.

Master? 

Who's he? Could it be that freaky vamp?

"You can take a shower, Miss. The bathroom is right on the corner if you are wondering" The other girl with a black mole on her left cheek said as she pointed to the closed wooden door at the end of the room.

A bath! How wonderful!

I was tired, worn out and wanted the comfort of a long bath.

"Thank you," I didn't know how did those words came out of my mouth because I was too stunned for what's happening right now.

They left after giving another long respectful bow. I quickly jumped out of the bed and rushed to the table where they kept the boxes.

I opened them without much hesitation. I was curious to know what was inside.

My eyes went wide with surprise and my jaw dropped as I picked the black elegant off shoulder ball gown and a pair of black heels out of the box.

Wow! Are these for me??

I brought them to nose and sniffed. The clean fresh fabric scent soothed my brain. I could never imagine such things, not even in my dreams. It was beyond words.

Ok, nothing more confusing than this.
Why would they provide such expensive clothes and heels for me?

Pushing those thoughts away, I set them back to the box and headed for the shower.

A bath would be nice.

I gingerly opened the dark wooden door leading to bathroom.

The bathroom was freaking amazing with its beautiful traditional style. The eye catching bay windows allows an abundance of natural light to pour in, giving it a bright casual feel.

Matching bowed-front vanities sit directly across from each other in this bathroom, making the space a sense of symmetry. The floor matches the room's geometric style. 

Off the bathroom's main room is a shower room. The limestone tile from the bathroom's floor is repeated on the walls of the shower. A teak-mounted window, made water-resistant with marine-grade shellac, gives natural light into the shower. A towel and a fluffy robe hung on the back of the door.

Awe!

I tried not to squeal with joy and wonder. I stood quietly under the running water. it felt like washing away my old life along with the dirt. Truth to be told I had been telling myself that there's no way I could back to my old life. I, somehow felt like I was cornered in this undesirable world.

I stayed longer than necessary, giving a good time to wash my hair and skin.

When I finally stepped out of the shower, I felt like crying. I was frightened for a moment, found myself helpless. I was reached nowhere.

I had to find that freaky vamp and ask him what's the meaning of all this. I couldn't just remain here as if I was enjoying everything and make him do whatever he wanted me to do. I was mad as hell about it.

I dried off, wrapped the towel around my hair and slipped on the robe. It felt good to be clean. My skin felt warm and smooth.

I opened the bathroom door and stepped out.

Just then,the door of the room was thrown open and a lady in her late twenties came in. 

***********

What do you think about this chapter?

Share your thoughts~