6

Escape to nowhere

I was covered in sweat, utterly exhausted, feeling pain throbbing to entire body. I had been running for hours away from the mansion and ended up in a forest.

I was alone in the middle of a forest.
There's no sign of a little cottage, no identifying landmarks. I had no idea whatsoever where I was.

The thick forest crowded with giant trees spreading its wide branches without leaves stood before me. Dried leaves scattered down here and there.

The forest was quiet and calm that i could hear nothing except for the crumbling dry leaves beneath my feet.

Great, I'm lost!

"Which way would I go?" I screamed, my voice reverberated throughout the woods.
I had no idea what direction I was facing.

I kept running even though my bare feet was bruised, and I felt the agonizing pain all over my body. Pain was nothing new to me. It was something I've learned to live with a long time ago.

I reached the stony stairs leading deeper into the forest.

Without giving a second thought, my feet dragged towards the endless stony stairs which held before me.

I had again failed to get out of the forest. The stairs were long, and I had reached nowhere even though I had climbed down more than fifty stairs.

I was still climbing down the stairs expecting to get a bus stop or a clear path nearby. But at the same time I was pretty sure that it's not easy to find a bus stop in the middle of wood.

The deeper I went, the higher my risk of bumping into something scarier than the vampire.

Exhausted, I sat down one of the stairs. My limbs began to ache seriously and my eyes burnt with tears.

This is unacceptable. I had been trying my heart out to find a way to get out of the forest, god had not poured a little mercy on me.

I was panting, my tears sliding down my cheeks.

As I was sat there, rubbing my bruised leg, a firm hand fell on my shoulder, wavering the rhythmic beating of my heart.

Oh, Crap.

"You okay?" a manly voice whispered, making my head turn slowly.

***************

Thank you for 160+ reads:)