15

Jealous

I tried to fill my eyes with all the anger and fury I could, letting him know right away just how totally pissed off I was as I entered into a large dimly lit room. 

The girl had disappeared after I went in.

The room was huge like a public library. The both sides of the room were large bookshelves stuffed with neatly organized books that appeared to be hundreds of years old.

I walked through the aisle, grazing my fingers through the books.

It felt so great.

Then I spotted him at the end.

He's standing near a huge table with his broad rigid muscular back on me.

He's a huge book in his hands. I couldn't quite capture a glimpse of the book he's in his hands.

I cleared my throat to make him realize my presence behind him.

He didn't turn nor did he make any reaction.

This guy..

"Thanks to..," Oh god, I'm such an idiot.
I didn't even get his name. He had saved me twice. "...someone, I'm still alive," I said through gritted teeth, showing my anger.

He was an asshole, abandoned me for a bitch.

"I'm sorry for not providing food on the right time," He closed the book and dropped it on the table.
"I had forgotten that humans actually need food to live," He shifted his body to face me.

"I grant you my deepest apologies," He said as he shot an apologetic look and all the anger I had stored for him soon dissipated.

I gaped at him.

My eyes strayed from his red hair to his sharp jaw then down to the top button of his black shirt, sitting slightly open, revealing golden skin underneath. 

He looked really sexy in that shirt and way too much for my hormones to handle. His body was splendid and very alluring. I couldn't resist letting my eyes trail down each and every muscle. My hands itched to touch him.

Dammit! This guy was way too perfect.

When my gaze latched onto his, everything around us fell away. My anger no longer existed as my eyes held him. I couldn't certainly explain it, but damn he somehow helped to heal everything that had been hurting, and wrong within me.

"I...I understand," I mumbled. 

I hate this feeling. This wasn't what I'd expected. My mind and heart weren't together anymore.

This whole feeling.. It makes no sense to me.

"Don't ever go outside the mansion. It's dangerous out there," He put his ass on the table, barely touching it and folded his arms over his chest as his gaze remained on me.

I took a breath, trying to calm my crazed mind.

"I don't think I'm safe here either," I said absently.

"You are safe as long as you stay by my side,"

"I don't know a thing about you. What make you think that I'm safe with you?" My eyebrows rose in confusion. "And I'm not so sure your girl would like that," I rolled my eyes.

"My girl?"

"I still don't get why you want to keep me here when you already have a girlfriend? 

"Lara is not my girlfriend,"

I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"She's someone I need to protect," He whispered. His voice trailed a hint of anguish.

Touché.

Does it make any difference?

Then go and protect her.

Who stops him?

It sounded more like to me as he had getting regret for this fatal fate. He needed to be with her. But my presence had prevented them to be together.

A surprising jolt of anger and jealousy twisted my gut. I had never experienced jealousy before. It was an emotion that until now had been utterly foreign to me.

"Why, are you jealous?" A sly smile crossed across his face.

He rose to his feet and stepped forward.

I forced my eyes away, preventing him from reading me.

"You have to be in love to be jealous and love takes too long. It evolves in time," I said, shielding my weird stupid feelings behind those words.

He shuffled closer, laughing softly.

"Whatever you say, just remain indoor," He said, stepping closer.

My heart rate sped up. My whole body was humming with nerves.

As he neared me, my stomach clenched. I felt queasy, and I froze at the spot. I could feel the warmth of his skin against me.

I'd never reacted to anybody this way before.

Inch by inch, his face came closer to mine, his hot breath sweeping my chin.

I had to force myself not to smash my lips on his and run my fingers through his red hair. The urge to touch this man was almost staggering.

My throat was so dry that I could barely swallow the long lump formed in my throat.

Taking a deep breath, I straightened my shoulders, and faked a bravery look.

"I'm grateful that you want to protect me but I think I'm well capable of protecting myself," I turned around on my heels. Unknowingly, tears sprang to my eyes. I needed him. I had a strong urge to jump into his strong embrace.

But damn, I couldn't.

I took long hurried steps.

I had to go far away from him.

He's way too dangerous for my body.

I had no control over my own ridiculous feelings when he's around.

My hand trembled as I quickly wiped away the single tear that had unintentionally slid down my cheek.

As I was about to reach out the door, I felt his strong grip on my hand and he pulled me into his hard chest.

************