CHAPTER 19:"My qualifications were snatched from me, alright?"

Start from the beginning

All sorts of questions were running through his mind upon reading Priya's one single text. He looks up to see Samaara staring at the OT room's door, impatiently waiting for the doctor to come out and worry is clearly visible on her face. She can't definitely act all this out. He thinks and giving her a one more glance, he strides off from there.

Dialing Priya's number, he presses the phone close to his ears and steps out in the cool air, away from all of them.

"Well you seemed to call when I accuse Samaara for betraying you." Priya chuckles on the other side causing him to take a deep breath upon hearing her.

"Cut the crap and come to the point." He orders.

"Well which point? The one where I tell you how I found out about Samaara or the point where I tell you her reason for all of this?"

"I know you don't have an answer for as to why she did what she did so just answer my first goddam question. How did you find out?" He presses his lips together to control his anger on Priya. She was really starting to irritate him by her words and he didn't want to say something that would really upset her.

"It was simple. I did what you didn't do which you should have done. I checked her documents, how surprising. There were no certificates in her documents and I know for a fact that your company has a rule to keep every employee's qualification in their personal documents and then I read through the criteria from her interview where Mr Reed wrote the reason for hiring her." She halts as 555 reason?"

 "All he said was that she was hardworking. The actual reason should also have included the fact that she is qualified and he could have said that as the reason for her getting the job but it didn't include any of that. Don't you think that's weird? And so it's clear that her lack of qualifications was the reason why Reed didn't do it. So basically it means that she's not educated enough for the job in your company."

Ahan seemed quiet for a couple of seconds, taking in every word of Priya, still unsure whether everything he found out in the matter of just a few minutes was correct.

- - - - -

 As Ahan walked back to Nathan and everyone else after sometime, they all notice the doctor coming out of the operation theatre. And they all quickly rush to him to know the results.

"Miss Varma, your mother's heart rate is normal right now," he starts as Samaara breaths a sigh of relief. "But this surgery is unpredictable. She's unconscious right now and if everything from us has gone correct then she should wake up in 48 hours, may be even earlier but she can take 48 hours to wake up too. But if she doesn't wake up in that time then our surgery would have been said unsuccessful and we're really sorry if that happens. It just all depends on how well your mother's body has taken these medicines and chemicals." Her face is clearly in shock upon hearing the doctor and so as everyone else's with her.

"How can you say if she doesn't wake up then you're sorry? Is that all you have? Sorry? For a three hour surgery? For so many weeks' treatment?" She asks unable to register his words.

"Miss Varma, I said she might wake up, give her 48 hours. We have tried our best. The rest we'll just have to wait and see the result."

"What have you tried! Why couldn't you completely fix her then? Why is there still a chance for her to die! This surgery should've been successful!" She completely loses her patience shocking everyone around through her tone. 

Why couldn't they make her well? What was so hard?

"You need to calm down Miss Varma. You can't lose hope, yet."