Chapter 12

Psimon looked into your eyes, "Fear. Death. I see it all in your eyes." He chuckled, "And with your powers I will bestow it on others. Nobody will be able to stop me."

You groaned as he reached into your mind again, "No."

He laughed, "There's nothing you can do to stop me."

You held Beast Boy close, "Death. Sadness, Pain, Suffering. You thrive off of it. And it's something that I have an abundance of."

He smiled, "Not anymore."

You could feel every memory and moment being taken away. Replaced with emptiness. You took a breath and placed your hand on Beast Boy's wound, "But it's what we're made of. Suffering is what makes a hero." You felt Beast Boy's memories and feelings rush into your mind, "It's like the pressure that either forms a diamond of grinds it into dust." You felt his thoughts replace yours, "So take it all."

You yelled in pain as Psimon's mind fed off of yours. You kept your hand over Beast Boys chest and felt him grow weaker along with you, "I need more" you whispered. Your mind reached out to Tim, Barbara, Dick, and last, Jason.

You stared Psimon in the eye, "These people have seen more suffering, more death than I've ever known in my lifetime. Some of them have even felt death itself," you looked at Beast Boy, "Some are still suffering."

Psimon suddenly grabbed at his head, "It's too much! Stop!"

You took hold of his mind, "No. You wanted pain. You wanted suffering. You have it! But it's too much for you to bear."

Psimon fell to the ground and screamed in pain, "Stop!" everything seemed to freeze. The tables had turned. You could feel everything around you change. Time seemed to move around you. You felt your powers come back to you. You gasped as the memories floated around you. You closed your eyes and felt all the feelings and moments whip past you and back to their owners.

Then everything started moving again. Psimon sat up, "How did you..."

You stood over him, "Your mind may be strong, but there's only so much suffering you can take. Pain is what makes a hero. It's what strengthens their mind and their will." You brain blasted him and looked over his body, "And it's something I have an abundance of."

You heard a groan behind you, "Beast Boy!" you shouted. The blood had stopped and his breathing had reduced. You lifted Him onto your lap, "Stay with me."

He looked up into your eyes, "Did you do it?"

You felt tears form in your eyes, "Yeah Beast Boy, we did it. We did it together."

He reached up and touched your cheek, "It's Garfield Logan. You can call me Garfield."

You looked down at his wound, "Garfield." His eyes started to glaze over, "Garfield Logan you are not going anywhere."

Time circled around you and Garfield. The room remained unchanged, it was only you. The wound disappeared, so did the cut on his cheek. You stopped. Time unwound around you.

"Garfield?"

He breathed in deeply and sat up "I'm alive." He checked himself, "You-what did you do?" he looked at you and let out a small laugh, "You saved my life."

You smiled and tears rolled down your cheeks, "You saved me."

He wiped the tears from your cheeks, "Picture..."

You put your hand on his cheek, "It's (y/n)"

He closed his eyes.

"Picture! Are you okay?!" Jason ran towards you. You smiled and jumped up, "I'm okay, everything's okay."

Dick walked over to you and pulled you into a hug, "Thanks to you."

Babs and Tim ran over, "Are you okay?"

"What happened?"

You smiled and pulled them into the hug, "I'll fill you in later. All I know is, I'm feeling better than I ever have in my life."

"I'm glad." Jason said. You laughed and pulled him into the hug, "Garfield. Come on."

Garfield smiled and joined the hug, "A diamond huh?"

You elbowed him, "You know what I meant."