ten

chapter ten
are you trying to kill me?
Tuesday 30th January 2018

"I miss you," Tom whined on the phone as Olivia packed Asher and Lyra's lunches.

"Tom, it's been 8 hours." Olivia laughed as she saw it was only 7 o'clock. She heard Tom huff but it was drowned out by the immediate chatter from her children.

"Is that Tom!?"
"It's Marvel man!" The two excited siblings squealed at the same time. Olivia shushed them quietly with a light blush and ushered them to the table to eat breakfast. Asher didn't complain as he submerged his spoon into his cereal, grinning happily as he chewed and milk protruded from the corners of his mouth.

"Did you just tell me to shush?" Tom laughed as he slid his trainers off his feet and ran a hand through his sweaty hair.

"No, no!" Olivia exclaimed with a nervous laugh. "I said it to the kids. Look, guys, eat your breakfast, we're going to be late." The mother said quickly to her children, mostly at Lyra who just grinned eagerly at her mum. "So, how come you're up so early, I thought it was your day off?"

"Oh it is," The actor explained. "I'm always up at about 6 to go for a run." Olivia whistled lowly at the comment.

"6 every morning? Damn, Tom, I can't even survive 7." She chuckled softly at herself and looked towards the children as she zipped up their lunch bags - One Direction for her daughter and Captain America for her son. Asher had raised his bowl to his mouth and was drinking the chocolate milk from his coco pops, thinking his mother was distracted. "No, Asher, Honey! You're going to get milk all over that clean shirt." Calling Olivia a stressed mother was an understatement, anything her children did made her toes curl with anticipation and nerves.

"But it's nice!" The boy complained at to which the mother rolled her eyes.

"Sorry," She apologised to Tom quickly as she kept having to nag her children. "You've caught us in the prime time for stress, getting these munchkins out the door can really cause grey hairs." Olivia huffed as she walked out the kitchen and led on her bed with achy limbs.

"Don't apologise, I rang you because I knew you'd be up. I wanted to ask if you were free today?" He asked hopefully. As Tom said the words, his skin tingled from the night before and he raised his fingers up to the light bruise on his neck. Thank God he didn't have interviews until Friday.

"Today is kind of packed for me. Well, the morning is. I go food shopping at 11 and then usually get back at about 1. The kids have to be picked up from school at 3 so there wouldn't be much time to do anything." Olivia explained guiltily, but it was her usual routine and she was used to it.

"Oh no, that's fine. I'd offer to come see you at 1 but you'll probably be busy."

"I mean you could come to the supermarket with me and then you'd have 'til I have to get the kids." Olivia joked and didn't expect Tom to take it seriously. She ran her fingers across the hem of her pyjama bottoms as she heard Tom breathe heavily through the phone.

"Sure," He responded and Olivia almost choked as she sat upright on her bed.

"Wait...you seriously want to go food shopping with me?" The woman exclaimed, caught off guard by Tom. She heard the man laugh heartily which caused her cheeks to flush.

"Yeah, I would. As long as I get to see you, I don't care what we're doing." He explained with a smile on his lips, knowing that Olivia was probably blushing. Suddenly, Tom remembered that he wasn't just another guy, despite what Olivia made him feel like. "Oh, shit." He mumbled without realising, placing a hand on his forehead.