seven

chapter seven
is that a suggestion?
Friday 26th January 2018

"Hey, Ellie." Olivia smiled as she pulled open the front door and spoke hushed words to the girl wearing a bright smile.

"Hey, Liv!" She bubbled but then covered her mouth quickly in fear of waking the kids. Little did the mother know of the trios plans, though. Ellie Wildman was one of the few people on this earth allowed to call Olivia the nickname, aside from her family and Sarah. "How are you?" The girl asked politely as she was pulled into a loving hug.

"I'm good, I'm good." Olivia answered and closed the door softly and led Ellie to the kitchen. "It's been too long since I last saw you." The woman explained with a mothers guilt. "You must've been this high last time." Olivia pressed a palm to the girl's shoulder to signify her growth.

"I know," Ellie sighed warmly and slid into the kitchen chair opposite the older woman.

"So, what are you doing now?" Olivia asked.

"Oh, I'm studying film at a college on the outskirts of London. I'm hoping to get into a uni here next year." Ellie explained, keeping is short and simple so as not to bore Olivia.

"That's amazing!" Olivia exclaimed, a passionate smile displaying on her lips. "What job do you want to go for in the industry?"

"Either a film editor or screenwriter." Ellie replied with a small blush tinting her freckled cheeks.

"Well, I think that's awesome. And if you ever need any advice or help, I'm here for you." The mother offered to the girl.

"You're in the film industry?" Ellie questioned, surprised and Olivia just nodded softly. "What sort of things do you work on?" Olivia smiled warmly at the question and internally argued whether she should pass up the information.

"I'm a screenwriter." The woman said casually and began to fiddle with her jacket.

"Wait..." Ellie's mouth dropped open slightly as she searched her brain for why that felt so familiar. "You're...you're the Olivia Jones?" She asked, not even bothering to hide her shock.

"In the flesh." Her shoulders lifted upwards casually, a light laugh sliding against her lips.

"Wow..." Ellie whispered and looked at the table in front of her. Olivia could see how she was trying to process the information, slowly and calmly. "How come you never told me before?" She asked as her head tilted back up to look at the older woman.

"I don't know, I guess I prefer it when fewer people close to me know. I'm sorry I never told you," Olivia really did feel guilty. Guilty that she hadn't told Ellie, but also that she hadn't been around to tell her when she decided to aspire into film.

"It's okay, I understand. I guess you don't want me to tell anyone, do you?" Ellie asked wearily.

"No, please don't. But if you ever need any help or work experience or anything, don't hesitate to ask." Olivia smiled warmly at the younger girl, who smiled back gratefully.

"Thanks, Liv."

"You don't need to thank me," The mother laughed lightly and pushed herself up from the table. "Anyway, I should probably get going, don't wanna be late..."