Chapter 14-Sophie PoV

Recap: "Stay," Sophie says automatically.

Tam shakes his head almost automatically. Linh looks at him, then at Dex, then at me and Keefe. "You sure that won't mess up your relationship?" She asks timidly. "No, not at all. We have a bunch of guest rooms, and I have the attic to myself.  Grady and Edaline won't mind at all." I reassure them.

"Good. That's good," Tam says. "Great! It's decided, then. Now, Keefe and I have to meet with Grady and Edaline to talk to them about, um, us being a couple again. I think Grady wants to hit Keefe over the head with a frying pan, so wish us luck!" I say and leave with Keefe.

I walk into our house, and Keefe takes my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "Mom! Dad! Can I talk to you?" I call, then walk to the office. "Hey, Sophie, I wanted to run this plan for Tam and Linh's rooms past you... oh. You," Grady says, his voice going suddenly hard. He reaches for the baseball bat that he keeps on display. "Grady! There's no need for that!" Edaline says. "Keefe Sencen, I thought I made it very clear that if you ever hurt Sophie you'd face my full anger. You hurt Sophie. I don't want you anywhere near her hand," Grady says angrily.

"Dad, Keefe and I made up. We're dating again," I start, and Grady shakes his head. "No, you're not. That boy hurt you, Sophie, and as your dad, it's my job to protect you from things that hurt you. No, and that's final." "You're not my dad! You adopted me, and as hard as you try, you'll never be him! I'm dating Keefe. Or I move out and get my own apartment. You pick, Grady," I say, and Edaline places a soft hand on his arm. 

"Grady, please," She whispers to him. "Fine. Date him. But when he breaks your heart again, I'm not going to forgive him. Got it?" He asks. "Fine. We're gonna go to Fitz's for a sleepover. See you later," I say, and walk out of the office.

So, there's the chapter. I know a BUNCH of you were really disappointed with Grady's reaction in one of the other chaps, so I decided to do this. Shoutout to @3MeowMeow for the frying pan line! I really wanted to update a bunch this week, but I couldn't because of conflicts with my schedule. Also, my school district banned Wattpad, so I can't get on then, and it SUCKS!

I'll try to update some of my other stories soon, and don't forget to submit your stories to the SPIRIT awards!

xoxo,

Spirit