So I told her about August and how he was injured so he couldn't work, that I'd gotten a job. I told her what I could but not everything.

"You should invite him over for Thanksgiving dinner," My mom stated, "Hopefully your father will be awake by then."

Later That Night

I was working at the club tonight but it was a slow day so I spent my time talking to Natalia, who I'd become good friends, even though she was a little rough around the edges.

She was extremely rude and she explained to me that that was how you had to be when you were a pretty girl working in a strip club. These men failed to understand that no meant no.

"So what you up to for Thanksgivin'?" She asked me, beginning to wipe down the counters.

"My mom wants to meet my boyfriend." I made a face and she laughed.

"Are you going to tell him?"

"I'm thinking about it. What do you have up?" I asked her. She rarely talked about her personal life. All I knew was that she had the sweetest baby boy by a lame ass nigga.

"The same as every year. I'm cooking for me and Justin, we gonna watch a movie and do whatever he wants."

I pouted, feeling somewhat bad for her, "Bring him to my place! You can meet my best friends and we can kick it."

"Are you sure you want to kick it with a three year old?" She looked at me.

"I love babies, of course. You should most definitely come."

She smiled, "Okay, cool."

August A. Alsina

I stretched my arm once again just to make sure this was real.

I finally had my sling off and even though I felt a lil' bit of pain, it felt great for the most part.

After leaving the doctors office, I went straight to Quincy's place. I needed to get back to business.

"Welcome back, brotha'!" Sean greeted me with a smiled as we shook hands.

"Man I'm glad to be back. Niko, what's happenin' witcha"." I shook hands with him as well before taking a seat.

"Consider this a welcome back gift," Quincy slapped a few stacks of money on the table in front of me, "Just cause I know the next few weeks, you finna get shit done

"Consider this a welcome back gift," Quincy slapped a few stacks of money on the table in front of me, "Just cause I know the next few weeks, you finna get shit done."

I took the money and smiled big, "So what ya'll know?"

"MJ got a bunch of business around this bitch and they real under the radar, which is why we ain't know nothin' about it. One of his businesses is a strip club downtown." Sean said.

"Our plan is to fuck some shit up out there. If we mess with his money enough, he ain't got no choice but to come looking for us. And we'll be waiting on his ass." Niko cocked his gun back for emphasis.

I lit a blunt and put it to my lips, smiling. With my sling off I was feeling like the man of the year. I was ready for whatever.

Especially to finally get revenge on the nigga that took everything from me.