xii.

"It's - it's me," Jenni stuttered. "Jenni."

Calum stared blankly at her, his eyes wider than usual, with clear confusion written all over his face.

His eyes started to wonder at the boys and I, desperately searching for answers, but to be honest, we were stumped. I was exactly sure what he wanted us to say, or do for that matter.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of him for a second. My heart raced fast, hitting my rib-cage every time blood decided to rush through. My throat tighten, making me unable to speak. But despite all of this, I was happy. Happy to see him, happy he was alive, just happy.

He cleared this throat. "I'm sorry, Jenni, but I don't really remember you or what we possibly were."

His eyes still seemed to stay alert, but his face was incredibly pale. I definitely wasn't used to seeing him so weak. His skin was always so vibrant, so full of color, the most suiting color for him, and I've never seen him at a loss of it.

Jenni's mouth opened, trying to find the right words to say, but she was stumped. And for that one moment of spare time, I felt bad for her.

Can you imagine possibly having feelings for someone, only to hear they got into an accident and didn't remember you?

In a way it scares me because what if he doesn't remember us? What if he doesn't remember that at one point in each other's lives we meant a whole lot more than just friends.

"I think it's time for you to leave sweetie." Liz put her hands on Jenni's shoulder, trying her best to comfort her but you can tell that nothing was exactly working.

It was obvious that Jenni didn't want to leave but she knew that she had to.

The door swinging opening, creaking a little was the only sound that arose in the thick air of silence. None of us had nothing to say, or didn't exactly know what to say.

"Glad to have you back." Luke croaked, relieved that his best friend is okay.

Calum smiled as took it upon himself to control the wheel chair.

"Do you guys know what today it is?" He asked. I turned to look that the boys, my heart jolted a bit.

"Umm Wednesday." I finally spoke up, it being the first thing I said to him.

He nods, taking all the information in. "We'd be getting ready for the dance." He sulks.

How was he able to remember the dance but not Jenni?

"C-calum?" I stuttered softly. "If you remember that, how come you don't remember Jenni?"

He shrugged and opened his mouth. "I thought you were my date Scar."

My heart jumped, tingling in the utmost happiness, bringing my body warmth that not even a blanket, and sleeping near a fire place on a cold winter night could give me.

However, I felt that I should tell him, regardless on how happy it has made me that he thought so, that we weren't together.

"Cal," I haven't called him that in god knows how long. "We weren't together, you remember that?"

He chuckled, I missed that a lot. " I know." He sighed heavily.

A few more moments passed by when none of us said anything, just the soft sound of the television near Ashton. The air became thicker with every second that passed, my blood pumping faster.

"We-we fought a lot, didn't we?" Calum asked, sadness arising in his voice. I swallowed harshly, a lump forming at the bottom of my throat.

"Um.." I scratched the back of my head. "Yeah, I guess we did."

He sulked in his wheelchair as if he just heard the worst news in his whole life time.

"But," I continued, his brown eyes alert and staring right into mine. "We weren't always like that." My voice was a bit shaky, cracking a bit at the end.

He nodded, collecting all the information. The boys looked at Calum strangely. I could sense what thoughts were rushing through their minds as well. Exactly how much does Calum remember? What memories were still intact and which ones are possibly gone forever?

"I can't wait to get out of this wheelchair." Calum says, hoping to break some tension, adding in a stifled laugh. I walked on over my bed, where I could finally get comfortable.

"Where are you going to sleep?" Luke asked. There was only four beds and there was five of us.

He tapped his pointer finger on his chin, and his infamous smirk grew across his face.

"I dunno, I was actually hoping to share a bed with Scar." he teased. It caused us all to chuckle, finally being ourseleves once again since the accident.

And with that I knew, that regardless what's going to happen next to either of us,

We finally got back the Calum we all know and love,

and I'm okay with that.

---

this was like a short filler because i felt like i haven't updated in forever

longer updates soon get excited

idk if i thanked you guys but this almost has 3k reads and im so happy