xxv.

"You should come back to bed." He mumbled to me, his tan back facing me. I chuckled softly, but wearily, a million thoughts rushing through my mind. I moved my hair to the side, fixing my bra.

"I should be getting home." I told him, grabbing my shirt from the corner of the floor, where it had been forcefully ripped and tossed off my body roughly hours ago. He turned to look at the clock, letting out a heavy yawn.

"It's a quarter past midnight, you might as well spend the night." He offered, knowing that the last time we had slept together, it ended with me leaving abruptly and heartbroken.

"I'm not sure your baby mama would approve." I cruely joked, wiggling into my jeans. I exhaled deeply turning to face him. He had already been staring at me, probably after the low blow of a comment I had just administered. I bit my lip, scared of what he was possibly going to say next.

"You know I don't care about what Jenni thinks, especially when it comes to you." He pushed some hair out of my face, causing me to weakly smile. I nodded in response, knowing that he was being completely honest with his statement. "You're all that matters."

"I really should be going." I told him, grabbing his hand and putting it on his side. I gave him a kiss on his forehead. I looked for my bag, getting some change for the bus ride back home. I have been slowly pacing myself when it comes vehicles, learning that I am some what comfortable with using public transportation. How many public bus accidents do you really hear about? (There's been only 4 in my town, I had done the research)

"Where does that leave us?" He spoke up, sitting at the edge of his bed. "I mean, we just -"

"Had sex." I cut him off, noticing that he was taking a bit long to spur up some words.

"Made love." He corrected me, finally standing up. "Because I love you, I'm in love with you so that, to me, was much more than just sex." He was much closer than he was before, practically towering over me in just the matter of seconds.

"Maybe you just haven't gotten laid in a while." I responded back, masking the astonishment from his words. I backed up a little, tripping on myself as I made a dead end for the wall, rather than the door.

"Scarlet." His words were soft and gentle. It had a bit of pain behind them, but I would like to believe it's because he's standing and it's hurting like hell.

"You should be resting." I whispered, looking down at his leg. "That thing still has to heal you know."

He grinned at me, grabbing my hand and toying with my fingers for a moment. He then, left a tender kiss on it, moving it closer to my heart.

"And that needs some healing too."

I cleared my throat, feeling its swell up a bit. I sighed deeply, not daring to look at him because I know I'd cave in and stay the night.

I slipped my hand out of his grip, turning the knob to his room door. He didn't chase after me, maybe because he knew that it was better to give me my space then to force something which could potentially turn into an argument.

"I love you Scarlet." He called out, causing me to halt. My hand still had a hold of the door, nearly shutting it.

"I'm in love with you too Calum Hood." I said quietly, the first time I have said it in weeks, or have allowed him to hear it, which he needed to. I shut the door behind me, leaving him to his thoughts and leaving me to mine.

*•*•*•*•*

"I'm going to totally dismiss the whole glow thing you have going on." Ashton pointed out, reaching over to snatch another one of the fries that I haven't even bother to touch at all. I wasn't in the mood to eat, I haven't had much time to do anything and the fact that he was able to drag me out of my house was a miracle.