Wedding Planning♡

Evelyn's Point Of View...

The sun was rising ever so slowly across the horizon, rays of golden yellow and an exquisite mellow orange were being shone across the beautiful scenery that lay before my eyes.

Last night was mine and Mike's first night in our new apartment together, we spent it relaxing by the red-bricked fireplace in the lounge warming our toes! It was everything I could have ever dreamed of. Safety, comfort and the love of my life all in one place.

Looking across to the vintage white alarm clock that sat on one of our mahogany wood bedside tables, its big hand sitting on the four and its small hand resting on the six. Twenty past six. I was an early bird, so this didn't bother me at all; Mike, on the other hand, was still dead to the world snoring up a hurricane from the bed. Mornings had always been my favourite, a peaceful time of reminiscing and starting fresh a new day, a new week, a new month or even a new year.

Today was going to be a fun day for me, not so much for Mike but I'm sure he would enjoy the finished product.

Planning our wedding day.

We had gotten engaged at Christmas time and now it was nearing mid February, and although we hadn't been engaged that long I wanted to marry this man. In my head there were a few ideas floating around, such as the type of flowers I wished to have, the colour theme and the venue. I wanted a relatively simple wedding, but we wouldn't have many guests anyway so why would it matter?

After a little while longer of admiring the view that was displayed behind the

triple glazing of our bedroom window, I turned to see Mike stirring slightly. Knowing that it takes some time for him to come to, I took advantage of the moment and decided to get myself ready for the day.

Grabbing myself some clothes and underwear from the chest of drawers and collecting a fresh towel from the airing cupboard, I walked into the ensuite bathroom and flicked the switch to turn the shower on. I then undressed and slipped in under the tepid water and began to cleanse my hair, body and face; then also brush my teeth with the sharp minty toothpaste that I found in the medicine cabinet.

Once I was completely clean, I switched the shower off and wrapped a towel around my body and waited around for a little while until I was dry enough to start getting ready. I had chosen to wear something simple, nothing too special since there were no definite plans for today other than wedding planning - which did not require leaving the house at all - I selected a comfortable pair of pink sweat pants along with a spaghetti strapped black vest top along with my fully black high-top converse.

Exiting the bathroom, I noticed Mike was no longer asleep in our bed; in fact he wasn't even in the bedroom. But without a second thought about where he could be the aroma of freshly cooked waffles hit my nose making my taste buds tingle in delight. The delightful concoction of sweet, doughy waffles mixed with fresh, crisp berries and a variety of forest fruits and the deliciously coarse fruit coulis that Mike had thoughtfully prepared all by himself.

"Mmm that smells delicious!" I commented as I entered the kitchen, wandering up to Mike and pecking him on the cheek.

"I thought I'd treat you to a little something special. We can pick at it whilst we are planning the wedding." He spoke in a hushed tone, fingering the ring that laid on the ring finger of my left hand.

"What a perfect idea." I spoke with a slightly astonished tone. He really was such a thoughtful gentleman.

We worked as a team, a slightly pathetic and unorganised team might I add, to move all of our breakfast treats from the kitchen to the lounge. Once that was completed, I ran to the office area to collect our "Wedding Planner Journal" and plopped down on a beanbag right next to my wonderful fiancé.