Lets Call Her...♡

The evening was drawing in as Mike and I laid together in eachother's arms on the sofa.

"Lets call her Isabella Grace Smith" I spoke in barely a whisper.

"Smith? You mean Layton my sweet girl." He corrected.

I shook my head and looked deeply into Mike's eyes. In those pools of ocean blue you could read every single emotion swimming through his brain; confusion.

"Jack won't stay with me to support me, so I want you to be her father figure. She's looking down on you and she loves you!" I breathed gently into his neck, planting a sweet kiss to mark my words.

As soon as the words passed my lips, the corners of Mike's mouth turned up slightly causing the room to fill with sparks and light; he was happy, that's all I wanted.

"You should really text Jack and tell him about the baby Evelyn." He advised me.

My eyes were glued on the message screen with Jack's number displayed at the top. I could not bring myself to do it, I just couldn't. I wasn't at all sure how he was going to react and how he was going to take the situation. Of course he wouldn't be at all happy and nor would his wife, but he had as much right as anybody else to know.

To: Jack

I need to talk to you, can you come over please?

New Message: Jack

Look, Evelyn, I told you that we are over. Don't even bother trying to pull something to tear my family apart. I don't trust you.

Those words stung and lingered within the depths of my brain. He didn't trust me, yet I did nothing to him. He was the one who broke my heart.

To: Jack

I don't see why you can't trust me? Bring your girlfriend and kid(s) with you and then they're all witnesses.

New Message: Jack

Fine, I'll be over in about 2 hours. Don't you dare try and hurt my children; I have the police on speed dial.

Great, so I was being threatened by my ex-boyfriend. Well, it was already too late; he'd lost his third child thanks to some drunk man. I'd already hurt one of his children, but I'd hurt them passed repair; I'd lost one.

Instantly I nestled back into Mike's chest. The soft fabric of his cotton t-shirt tickled my nose causing me to release a tight-lipped giggle. I still wasn't sure what Mike and I had or where we stood together, but all I knew was something was beginning to blossom and I was almost certain it was going to grow.

A forceful number of blows on the door awakened me from my thoughts, all my senses came back to me stronger than ever. I could hear muffled snores from some direction I hadn't seemed to figure out yet, it was Mike snoring.

Before I opened the door I briefly glanced through the peep-hole window in the empty passage way. The stars were out and the sky was a deep shade of blue; it was night time.

"Hello?" I questioned to the shadowed figures that stood outside my front door. My safety was behind that door and I'd managed to throw it all away without even considering the silhouettes that stood before me.

"Just let us in, it's cold" A scratchy high pitched voice shrieked, making my eardrums reverberate violently.

Clearly the voice belonged to Jack's new sweetheart, although she wasn't really that new. Considering their relationship was in full swing whilst mine and Jack's was going steadily.