Perfectly Imperfect♡

Mike's Point Of View...

I shifted uncomfortably and squinted my eyes to see the sharp yellow daylight peeping through the crystal clear windows.

"Happy Boxing Day, Evelyn." I whispered softly into her petite ear.

"Is he there?" She muttered sleepily.

"No love, I told you he wouldn't be here in the morning. Now go and have a shower then get ready and stop thinking about all this!" I ordered. When things got into Evelyn's head they took a while to leave and leave her mind resting peacefully once again.

"O-okay." She whispered seeming slightly panicked.

I paced up the stairs to turn the shower on and then made my way back down to collect Evelyn. She refused to go up by herself he was waiting for her. Great... Now she has this notion in her head that Jack is hiding somewhere within the depths of our home.

Evelyn's Point Of View...

I was just drifting back into a light sleep until I felt a pair of strong, warm arms lift me up into a bridal style position. Knowing that it was Mike, I left my eyes closed and let him carry me up the stairs into our bathroom.

"Have a nice relaxing shower now darling, I'll leave the door open and be sat on the bed. Okay?" He asked.

I decided to not protest anymore, it was probably driving him insane so I kept my lips tightly sealed and just simply nodded whilst walking into the bathroom and undressing myself.

Cautiously, I hopped into the stream of running water and let it pelt down on my weak body. I tilted my head back, letting all my facial features soak up the droplets that formed from the rain cloud like shower head. Although something didn't seem to add up or feel right at all; I knew Mike was in the bedroom but I felt like I wasn't alone in the frighteningly enclosed room space, somebody was in here somewhere.

My senses switched on to red alert as I scanned the entire room through the misty glass panel of the shower. As far as I could see there was no movement or anything but my brain told me otherwise.

"Mike?!" I shouted, directing my voice toward the door that separated our sleeping space and our cleaning space.

No reply.

Something really did not seem right and I needed to get to the bottom of this situation without Mike getting clues of my plan, if he knew he would think I was started to go insane and that was something I really didn't want. I stepped out of the warmth of the shower warily and wrapped a towel around my body then made my way into the bedroom, Mike was sat there with no emotion present on his face whatsoever; I hated that. It made me feel like there was a thick barrier between us with no way in, it made me question his character often. Maybe there was a secret he had kept hidden from me and I was completely oblivious to, maybe it was just nothing.

"Evelyn we need to leave." He spoke bluntly. The words rang through my ears, tearing down at the hope I once had that nobody was coming after me and I was safe within Mike's loving arms.

"Why?" I questioned after a long, tension-thick silence.

"There's no time for questions," He replied whilst throwing a large plastic bag in my direction. I didn't even bother to catch it for two reasons: I was in complete and utter shock, so much that my reaction time had been slowed and my brain was not processing information quick enough; I also didn't want to risk the towel fall sliding down my body and on to a heap in the floor. Sure, Mike and I were a couple and he'd seen me bare before, but somebody was roaming our house and I didn't want to expose myself to their sly clutches. "Fill this with all the clothes you can, both of ours. Get dressed and hurry up, I'll be downstairs getting food and money." He alerted me.