Not Once, But Twice♡

The Next Morning...

I groaned loudly as my alarm kept beeping. "Why can't you just shut up you stupid alarm" I muttered as I reached over to hit snooze for the fourth time this morning. Whoever invented the snooze button, I love you.. But I also hate you, because the damned alarm goes off again after 10 minutes. Who does that?! I need an extra hour; not an extra 10 minutes for crying out loud!

After another three snoozes, I finally decided to drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. I would have stayed in bed, but the sun illuminated my cream coloured room leaving me almost blinded by the sharp light.

Plodding across to the bathroom, I stopped when I reached the mirror that hung over the sink. In all honesty, I was a mess; red puffy eyes, blotchy cheeks and my hair... Lets just not go there. I let out a wholehearted sigh that seemed to echo through the bare walls.

I stepped into the shower and let the clement water trickle down my skin, the windows became very steamy but I didn't mind. Hot showers were my guilty pleasure. My hair fell down past my shoulders and it started to become moistened by the tears from my shower head.

I always thought of showers and rain as tears from God, that he was up there crying about something and letting his sorrows spill down on to the earth. He may be perfect, but even perfect people cry.

I'd finally reached the town centre after driving for about 3 minutes. I traipsed out of my turquoise Mini Cooper and paced down toward the parade of shops. So much choice... I let my eyes scan the front of each shop until I spotted something I thought I'd never see before.

A very heavily pregnant woman holding the hand of a little boy; he must have been about 2 years old, along with her husband or boyfriend. But it wasn't just her new beau, it was my old one... It was Jack.

"No no no" I stuttered, listening to the sound of my heart shatter within my chest.

Running over to Jack and his family, I felt my breaths hitch in my throat. How was I going to face this? The child might not have been his, but that wasn't my concern... My concern was the bump. Clearly, she was about 8 months along and the baby must have been Jack's. Jack and I broke up two weeks ago and he cheated on me with this ugly twig; a twig which was in fact carrying his baby!

Anger took over and I found the confidence somewhere deep inside of me to storm up to their happy little family.

"Jack, I want explanations.. Now!" I practically screamed into his face, making sure I was pressed right up against him leaving no space to breathe.

"Evelyn, did you not hear me two weeks ago? I told you that we're over" He barely managed to whisper, without his mrs getting involved.

"Jack... What am I hearing? Is this true? You were with that even though we have our gorgeous son and our beautiful little princess?" She inquired, gesturing to their little boy and her rather large bump.

"Don't you get yourself involved, oh wait that, you already got too involved already!" I bawled, dramatically signalling to Jack's crotch.

She seemed very taken aback by that, probably in as much as shock as I was. I was in a relationship with this man for four years and he had been cheating on me for only God knows how much of it.

Tears streamed down my face as I looked up at Jack. He was tall and well built, very muscular and fit. He had gorgeous eyes, emerald green orbs that shone brightly as the sunlight tickled them.

Through instinct, I pushed him toward the hard, concrete floor with great force. "I'm not standing here all day, explain now before I actually hurt you!" I squawked. He honestly looked scared, I was proud of myself.

"Not now Evelyn, we're in public!" He scolded.

I just simply shrugged it off and walked away. It was probably best, I didn't want to hurt his son. Well... "No Evelyn don't even think that, stupid girl!" My conscience roared.

This was the second time in two days I'd found out that I'd been cheated on, it was mentally, physically and emotionally draining and it really hit me like a brick to the stomach. I wasn't ready for it and I don't think I ever would have been ready...

After getting out of Jack and his family's sight, tears flooded out my eyes. I couldn't believe what I'd heard. I could have mothered Jack's children in years to come; our relationship was going swimmingly, but clearly I was the only one willing to commit.

"Stay strong Evelyn" I muttered under my breath, lifting my head and picking up my pride, walking off with what was left of my shattered heart.

Hours Later...

Once again I ended up in the place to soothe my heart, the place where all my sorrows seemed to melt away along with my taste buds... Burnt by the harsh acid I was about to consume. I couldn't help but let a feeling of guilt wash over me, I was absolutely destroying my body.

No, I was not about to suicide.

I was sat at my usual stool, in the pub. I pretty much owned that stool within the last two weeks. Ever since Jack threw me away to completely forget everything we ever had.

Maybe tonight was my chance to get my own back on both Mike and Jack. I'd simply manipulate an extremely drunk man and use him to make me forget everything for once, make me happy.. Even if it only lasted until the next morning.

I'd just downed my last shot "Bite me" was the name of it, I loved hearing the names of all the shots; I don't know why, but they always had the tendency to cheer me up!

A man took the barstool next to me and just about managed to slur his order to the bartender. He was of tall build and was quite muscular, his hair lay lightly across his forehead; it was mousy brown in colour and suited him well. As for his clothes, he wore a white polo shirt along with dark wash jeans and some converse.

I mentally patted myself on the back, I was scoring gold tonight but first I needed to work out a plan, a way to get him under my trance.

Eyeing him up and trying to figure out his delicate and weak spots, I finally conjured up a plan.

I placed my finger lightly below his abs and began to trace it up his toned body in a seductive fashion whilst gently nibbling at his ear. A slight noise passed his lips, perfect.