Surprise♡

Mike's Point Of View...

After a leisurely walk back to the hotel, I climbed each staircase up to our room and slid the key through the lock turning it a few times before I was granted access.

"Evelyn I'm back!" I informed with a smile plastered across my face as I peered across the room in search for my bride to be.

No reply.

"Evelyn?" I called out raising my voice slightly as my smile faultered and manipulated itself into a confused look.

"I'm here, Mike." She identified herself and spoke in a tear-glazed voice as she emerged from the side of the bed.

"What happened to you?" I requested.

"I thought you were never coming home, you said you would only be a few hours and its nearly midnight. You've been gone over twelve hours." She sobbed wearily as I embraced her tightly, letting her sweet tears flood my jacket.

"Well I'm here now, come on love its bed time." I spoke reassuringly and patted her on the back.

Instantly, Evelyn obeyed my orders and removed the duvet from the bed partially aiming to air it out for when we slept, then she simply slipped out of her day's clothing and pulled the soft, cashmere nightgown over her head before crawling on to the feathery mattress and curling up like a bear ready for hibernation.

Evelyn's Point Of View...

From outside in the darkened hallway I could hear some shuffling around by the door, my instincts kicked in as my mind suggested I should hide from whatever was coming in and shield myself from whoever my predator could be.

Its only Mike. My heart contradicted with the mindset I was already in.

This caused me to relax slightly as my heartbeat reduced to its resting state, my brain still shooting thoughts in various directions.

"Evelyn, I'm back!" Mike's cheery voice echoed throughout the sparsely furnished hotel room. The sound of his voice calming my mind in almost an instant, sending me drifting to a world of thought. I had honestly thought he had done one of those runners that the fiancé often does to his partner after feeling that the magic has disappeared; these thoughts often cross my mind leaving my eyes glassy with the tears that fail to fall.

"Evelyn?" Mike repeated, raising his voice slightly; instantly snapping me out of the daze I was in.

"I'm here Mike." I simply replied in almost a whisper, trying to blink away the tears brewing in my tear ducts.

"You know, I have a surprise for you..." Mike trailed off casually which he knows I hate, it's so difficult to get answers from men these days I rarely bother anymore.

"Well, what it is?" I almost demanded. If he knew I was not in the mood for fun and games, maybe he would be open with me. Tactics at their best.

"You know the drill, wait until tomorrow." He responded with a sassy wink, leaving lightning bolts of anger to attack my body from the inside.

Without even bothering to respond was more like dropping my sword in the middle of a battle field, waiting to be mauled by other soldiers; you just could not win with Mike, it was quite frankly impossible.

I simply got up from the fresh, cloud-like carpet and strolled over to the ensuite bathroom in order to get ready for bed. Throwing my mousy brown hair up in to a pretty much effortless pony tail was the most I could manage, I was so out of energy lately; it felt like I was having a vacuum inserted into my weak, brittle brain and all of the thoughts, power and vitality sucked from within me and whisked away to somewhere I would never be able to retrieve the loss of power from.